Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breeder frustration!

2 posters

Go down

Breeder frustration! Empty Breeder frustration!

Post by lupus_corde Sat 09 Jul 2016, 7:40 am

As some of you know, I intended to buy my mice from a privetely owned petstore (a breeder who works in store often brings her mice in to sell in store) The mice are healthy and are kept in glass tanks with lots of ventallation. There is only one problem, they are all bucks.

Not so long ago there was an unsexed litter with there mother and I waited until they were sexed, I went into today to find all bucks but I knew it wasnt the complete litter so I asked the man working there and said that the woman took the does home.

Do you think that I could still have a chance of getting the females? I suspect she either took them back for breeding or to sell on her own. But would she of kept them ALL for breeding purposes? I not to sure on how breeders work and would love to hear more about on how they sell their mice as really wanted a trio of does to start off with.

She should hopefully contact us tomorrow as we left our number at the store. (she works on Sundays)

My mice: Luna, Eclipse and Galaxy
lupus_corde
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Breeder frustration! Empty Re: Breeder frustration!

Post by MouseLover Sat 09 Jul 2016, 8:41 am

Sometimes litters are very buck heavy - or doe heavy. I was waiting for girls from a good breeder, but her litter was all bucks except for one female, so she decided to keep that girl with her mother. I think that was the best decision for that mouse, to stay with another female in her family, so I can see why the breeder did it, but I can't say I wasn't disappointed!

Maybe the pet shop breeder had a small number of does, so decided to keep them for breeding purposes? I know breeders need more does than bucks for breeding, so I guess it would make sense for her to keep them all if there was only a small number?

Hopefully she will have some that she can sell you, but if not, maybe ask her when she'll be breeding again, and get her to reserve three girls for you?

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by lupus_corde Sat 09 Jul 2016, 9:09 am

That sounds like a good plan Smile

My mice: Luna, Eclipse and Galaxy
lupus_corde
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down