Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird toys for mice

5 posters

Go down

Bird toys for mice Empty Bird toys for mice

Post by WangJi Tue 15 Sep 2020, 4:12 pm

Building a "stables" collection of toys for future mice and bird toys look nice and sturdy. Usually I see them in heavy-duty plastic, wood, yucca (the fiber-y like stuff?), and paper confetti. Are there any toys/materials I should watch out for? I know not to use rubber or the rubber-y plastic, but is there anything else? Since rope can be used for mice climbing I assume the parrot toys with rope is okay?

WangJi

Back to top Go down

Bird toys for mice Empty Re: Bird toys for mice

Post by Molly_mouse Tue 15 Sep 2020, 4:26 pm

Bird toys are absolutely okay! I would just look out for any soft plastics that they can chew or anything fluffy they can get stuck in. Other than that they’re a great option. I would also avoid anything with bells, not because they can’t have them but because you’ll never sleep again. Let me know how it goes!

Molly_mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahAdams Tue 15 Sep 2020, 6:23 pm

I don't use any plastic toys, but wooden bird toys and chews are good. My mice particularly like these woven, bendable parrot perches.

Bird toys for mice QMp6sZW

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Thu 17 Sep 2020, 11:30 am

Here's little April with one of her bird toys, the ever-popular "stick of knots":

Bird toys for mice April_13

I used to tuck oats in amid the knots, and she would search for them and snack.

Then she figured out she could climb up the knots.  Before long, one day I looked over and saw Miss April perched on top of the stick of knots, giving me her "pick me UP???" look.

That looked terribly dangerous, so I decided I better keep a closer eye on her when she had the stick of knots in her tank.  But within a few more days, I looked over to check on her, and there was Miss April, perched ON THE TOP EDGE OF THE WALL OF HER TANK, giving me her "pick me UP???" look, having climbed there from the top of the stick of knots.

Miss April could always outsmart me ...

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

SarahAdams likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Thu 17 Sep 2020, 1:29 pm

Small bird foraging toys are great from my experience; just be sure to get ones that are only paper and don’t have any plastic. I’ve also used bendable bird perches and ladders and they both went over pretty well.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

SarahAdams likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down