Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chocolate dog drops for mice?

3 posters

Go down

Chocolate dog drops for mice? Empty Chocolate dog drops for mice?

Post by Hayley Sat 14 Nov 2020, 2:13 am

Hello! I have been thinking of treats for pet mice lately and was wondering if dog safe chocolate is an okay treat for mice? I'm afraid that in my area we don't have any mouse treats for sale. Once again I am talking about DOG SAFE chocolate drops. Very Happy

Hayley

Back to top Go down

Chocolate dog drops for mice? Empty Re: Chocolate dog drops for mice?

Post by Robin~ Sat 14 Nov 2020, 3:20 pm

Can’t comment on the chocolate, but I’m nearly positive you have some sort of mouse-safe treats available to you! Whole grains and seeds make for fantastic treats, not to mention healthier ones, too. Stuff like plain oatmeal oats, flax seed, pumpkin seeds, brown rice, sunflower seeds, and sesame seed are just a few examples. Smile

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by M O U S E Sat 14 Nov 2020, 3:31 pm

I wouldn't recommend it. I've heard that things like that aren't the best for mice because of the amount of sugar. However, there are many alternatives. Along with the treats Robin~ listed, I feed my mice low-sugar cereal (such as original honey nut cheerios), pumpkin flesh, carrot bits, pasta (raw or uncooked), and others. There are also many DIY pet treats on Youtube. I love Vanilla Ham Ham's videos! She makes mini, hamster safe pancakes, figgy puddings, caramel apples, cakes, etc, with hamster safe ingredients that are safe for mice as well.

M O U S E
M O U S E
Sr Member
Sr Member

Taurus Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum