Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucy has passed

+8
MouseLover
stephlisa
CinnamonPearl
scaredymouse
River
Peachy
GabbiLuvsMice
AnonONIagent
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lucy has passed Empty Lucy has passed

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 10 Jul 2016, 9:32 pm

Everyone, I have some very tragic news.

Just a little bit ago, I went over to the quarantine cage to find Lucy breathing heavily. I took her out of the cage and placed her in my hand, and started stroking her gently. Her breathing became increasingly shallow, until she stopped after about only a minute. She died in my hands.

I am devastated. I was so excited to have Lucy, and I only had so little time with her. I'm not sure what happened. She had been perfectly healthy until this point.

Rest in peace Lucy. You were a good mouse, and you filled my heart with joy for the short time I had you. You were loved, and you shall be missed.
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Lucy has passed Empty Re: Lucy has passed

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Sun 10 Jul 2016, 9:33 pm

Aw so sorry, atleast she died in your hands Sad Worry

GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 10 Jul 2016, 9:38 pm

I'm so sorry about your beautiful Lucy. Sad
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 10 Jul 2016, 9:45 pm

Guys, I'm super upset right now. It was very upsetting watching my little Lucy fight a losing battle for her life in my hands. I'm bewildered by the suddenness of it all.
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by River Sun 10 Jul 2016, 9:49 pm

I am so very, very sorry. You did everything you can. I hope you'll feel better soon. She was grateful for you and all you have done for her.
It is tragically shocking. She was so happy + healthy. There is no way you could have known.
I hope you're coping okay. This must be very hard on you.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 10 Jul 2016, 9:55 pm

Unfortunately this is the second mouse to have died on me within a month's time, as well as the second animal death in my family within the week, and I'd still like to get a third girl for my little mouse colony. I fear this may deter my mom from allowing me to get another mouse.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by River Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:08 pm

Hopefully it won't. These are all things that have happened as a matter of chance. I'm so sorry.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:10 pm

I'm am so, so sorry. What a terrible shock.

Did the two mice come from the same place?

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:17 pm

No. And the first mouse, Molly, died due to a terrible, unforeseeable accident that was my fault. I don't like to go into it. It's a very traumatic memory.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:45 pm

Ok, sorry to bring up a bad memory. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something wrong with the breeder stock at the pet store.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:55 pm

No, it's not your fault. I was just saying I didn't want to go into specifics about what happened because that gets painful.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:42 pm

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's a shame you didn't get to spend more time with her, but your presence must have been a comfort to her. These things are just out of our control, but at least we can be there for each other in hard times. *Hugs.*

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Mon 11 Jul 2016, 12:13 am

I'm taking Lucy's death really hard, guys. I don't know what to do.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:22 am

I'm so sorry for your loss Sad
I don't know what I can do or say that will help you, but all of us are here for you. Take care of yourself {hug}

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Mon 11 Jul 2016, 6:58 am

AnonONIagent I am so so sorry to hear this. Unexpected mouse deaths are the worst Sad I'm sure a fair few of us have been there. I know I have. Sometimes mice have underlying conditions that we cannot see which results in an acute attack, like a heart attack or a stroke. My mouse Peanut was fit as a fiddle and only months old when I found her lying on her side, breathing heavily and not moving. It was a shock and I was devastated when she died.

But these things happen sometimes. It would have happened whoever bought Lucy - so we have to look at it this way: Lucy's life was destined to be short, so thank goodness she came to you. If she only had a short time here, then how lucky she was to end up with someone who looked after her properly and really loved her. There are a lot of bad mouse owners, and there are people who would have fed her to a snake, but she ended up with you. It's important that you don't feel guilty or let this put you off of having mice, because you could miss out on the joy they bring, and the mice could miss out on an awesome caring owner. I know it hurts now, but I really hope you feel better soon. We're all here for you!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next