Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!!

+2
River
Peachy
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!!

Post by Peachy Fri 01 Jan 2021, 9:27 pm

10 days. Fuzzy babies. Just like Dad!
Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 02922c10
Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 Dd616310
Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 1a021410
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!!

Post by Peachy Thu 07 Jan 2021, 8:11 pm

These guys are 16 days old. Eyes opened a few days ago and now they never. hold. still. Shake head Thud

Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 8051ab10
Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 75f56610
Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 7a288410
Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 4bc75910
Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 48385110
Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 630d5e10
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee67 Fri 08 Jan 2021, 4:15 pm

what fine looking babes!

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 26 Jan 2021, 11:55 am

Babies are five weeks old and moving into their first apartments! This guy has a hilariously long tail. Laughing
Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 E9396510
Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 14876210
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by River Tue 26 Jan 2021, 8:00 pm

Oh my god. That is the longest tail I have ever seen on a mouse. What a special little guy! Maybe he'll grow into it. Laughing

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Peachy and Dee67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Tue 26 Jan 2021, 11:56 pm

Peachy wrote:Babies are five weeks old and moving into their first apartments! This guy has a hilariously long tail. Laughing
Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 E9396510
Fuzzy/Standard black + Babies!! - Page 2 14876210

If it wasn't illegal (and probably very impractical) to ship a mouse through the mail I would beg to buy him from you. I love that long tail SO much.

My dad did just move to Iowa..... maybe it's time to arrange a visit? Laughing

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 27 Jan 2021, 7:55 am

Unfortunately, what these kids have in ears and tails, they lack in manners. I’m not sure which side gave them a crazy gene, but they are wild. We’ll see how they come around now that they’re on their own. (If you do come up here, or down here, you’re welcome to a Wild Thing. I’ll try to tame him. Laughing Laughing)
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

River, chiroptera and Dee67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Wed 27 Jan 2021, 7:47 pm

I have been through Iowa many times, despite never living less than a long day's drive from the border.  My mum also attended college in Iowa -- Graceland in Lamoni.  My family even has its favorite restaurant in Davenport:  Rudy's Tacos.  So I can endorse making a trip there, especially to meet some little mousies.

Iowa is also the first place I saw MTV, while on a cross-country trip.  One video ended as I turned on the telly, and then on came THE DOORS performing "Touch Me".  Cool.  I like The Doors.

Then I took a vacation to Iowa one spring.  I flew to Des Moines and rented a car.  Then I kept myself busy:

First I drove out to Winterset to photograph one of the covered bridges in Madison County so I could send copies of any good pictures to a friend of mine who had been acquainted with Meryl Streep.  (She was even a special invited guest at Ms. Streep's Hollywood Walk Of Fame ceremony.)

Then I went to the Art Center on the night of the week it stayed open late.  There was a cool multi-colored Frank Stella sculpture-mural filling a wall in one room.  And one guard walked up to ask me why I was standing so close to a Miró.  When I pointed out the artist's fingerprints in the paint and showed how he actually fingerpainted part of the work, dab to dab to dab, the guard exclaimed with happy surprise that he had worked there all this time and never noticed that at all!!

There was a hail storm in there somewhere too.

Another day I drove out to Newton and Pella on a culinary expedition.  I arrived in Newton when the Maytag Dairy cheese store was already closed, so I went to a grocery and bought a chunk of their cheddar.  You can get their blue all over the place, so I got the rarer cheddar.  In Pella back in those days there was a Chocolaterie Stam shop -- delicious dark chocolates, and centers made with real cream.  There was a contest that if you could pronounce "stroopwafel" correctly you would win a package of them.  I knew I had a win in the bag because I was a ringer (I speak Dutch).  But the proprietor was not in that day, and he was the only person who could judge your pronunciation.  Pffff.

Final morning I went for a swim in the indoor pool at the motel and then headed for the airport with wet hair smelling of chlorine.

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Peachy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 27 Jan 2021, 8:37 pm

Omg, a vacation in Iowa?! I had no idea one could vacation in Iowa! Every time I leave I fall in love and want to stay away. Especially mountain regions.  Heart Eyes The only place I was thrilled to leave was Minneapolis. lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee67 Thu 28 Jan 2021, 12:55 am

Wow, his tail is 3x his body! Impressive!

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

Peachy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Thu 28 Jan 2021, 11:45 am

Peachy!  I left out something!  Last night I got home going on 9:30, heated up a Michelina's entree, then sat down to look through the incoming mail with a Dr. Pol episode on the telly.  There seemed to be a lot of cats in this episode, and it suddenly reminded me of the big cat -- I think it was a lynx -- in the "dark" exhibit they had at the ZOO in Des Moines.  There were huge fruit bats too.  At the zoo -- not on Dr. Pol.  It was also the first zoo I visited with a wallaby walk-through.

Yes, indeed, you CAN vacation in Iowa!

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Peachy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Thu 28 Jan 2021, 11:51 pm

Peachy wrote:Unfortunately, what these kids have in ears and tails, they lack in manners. I’m not sure which side gave them a crazy gene, but they are wild. We’ll see how they come around now that they’re on their own. (If you do come up here, or down here, you’re welcome to a Wild Thing. I’ll try to tame him. Laughing Laughing)

I would absolutely love that long-tailed boy in all honesty - though I have no idea how I would fly home with a mouse, nor when I'll be visiting my dad next. 

But gosh, that boy is just so handsome... 

And in response to vacationing in Iowa, my extended family has lived in Iowa and Indiana my whole life, so I've vacationed in Iowa plenty of times! Wink

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 29 Jan 2021, 7:16 pm

Separating boys always makes me so sad. I let each of them keep a hide from their home with Mom, and they each went in and just curled into little balls and fell asleep. They’re so scaredy that I’m no comfort. Hopefully they’ll cheer up. Or I’ll cheer up! Idk who’s a more tearful sight. Tearful
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

chiroptera and Dee67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee67 Fri 29 Jan 2021, 11:09 pm

I was worried about my little boy when he was separated from his mom and 7 siblings when I first got him at 5 weeks. The first couple nights I just watched him and he seemed so sad but he soon perked up and became the bossy, domineering little monster he is today 😆

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

Peachy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by River Sat 30 Jan 2021, 12:34 am

Caillou could not care less about being separated from his siblings, at least not from what I could tell. Laughing I still felt *so* bad for him, though!

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2