Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skittish feeder

2 posters

Go down

Skittish feeder Empty Skittish feeder

Post by Guest Sat 19 Dec 2020, 3:48 pm

so I recently got a new mouse 3 days ago and she seems to still seem pretty skittish, She would start running on her really fast wheel as soon as something bothered her, she was originally raised to be a feeder so could her upbringing have to do with her overly frightened behavior? I never remember my original pair ever being this skittish on their first 3 days/week of coming home, they seemed bold enough to not freak out when they saw any amount of motion, or when the lights turn on like my new mouse does

And my first pair came here by car to north georgia all the way down from Brandon Florida, I could imagine that would be pretty stressful for a mouse.

Back to top Go down

Skittish feeder Empty Re: Skittish feeder

Post by Robin~ Sat 19 Dec 2020, 6:12 pm

Hello!

Is she with any other mice? Female mice are very social and usually having a couple friends around encourages them to explore a bit more. They are prey animals after all, and having that extra set of eyes helps to reassure them. Smile

I would also have a look at her environment—make sure there aren’t any open spaces. Mice love their cages super crowded and large open spaces can stress the out.
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Dec 2020, 6:39 pm

she is with her sister right now and her habitat is filled with cardboard boxes they can hide and play around in, there is even a wheel underneath one of them

Back to top Go down

Post by River Sat 19 Dec 2020, 7:49 pm

It's definitley possible. While most feeder breeders still care about temperament for practical reasons, it isn't as much of a priority. Totally depends, though. I'm sure she can warm up to you with time, just be patient, and keep at it. Smile
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

SarahAdams likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum