Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When should I transition them to Adult food?

2 posters

Go down

When should I transition them to Adult food? Empty When should I transition them to Adult food?

Post by Denimoore808 Wed 23 Dec 2020, 3:35 pm

I know nutrition is a very important topic and this is a question I have come across a lot in the small animal world. When should I transition my mice to Adult food? I have done research and looked on many forums and I often find different answers. Some say 4 months old and others say 6 months. I even found one that said transition them to adult food at a year old?! This last one just doesn't seem to make sense to me. If they are considered seniors or geriatric after 2 years of age I feel like the age to switch them to adult food should be sooner should it not? What do you guys think? Or what do you guys do personally for your own pet mice?

Denimoore808

Back to top Go down

When should I transition them to Adult food? Empty Re: When should I transition them to Adult food?

Post by Robin~ Wed 23 Dec 2020, 3:40 pm

I don’t even feed a “young mouse” mix (which is kind of odd since I do that for my hamster). It’s always been 12-15% throughout their whole lives.

By the way, no need to “transition” the mix—mice can switch cold turkey as they are scavengers by nature. Smile

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Denimoore808 likes this post

Back to top Go down

When should I transition them to Adult food? Empty Re: When should I transition them to Adult food?

Post by Denimoore808 Wed 23 Dec 2020, 3:52 pm

Thanks so much for the response. And I'm so thankful I don't have to transition! Thats always the worst part of changing foods. I'll definitely get them on something better the next time. I also have been reading your Nutrition Document with all the Brands of food. It is so helpful!!

Denimoore808

Robin~ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum