Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What veggies do they like?

3 posters

Go down

What veggies do they like? Empty What veggies do they like?

Post by SarahAdams Fri 12 Mar 2021, 6:29 pm

My rats used to eat everything I gave them, but I'm finding mice are very different and my 3 little mouse boys are so fussy and picky. So far they only seem to like peas and potatoes. I tried broccoli and carrots, but they leave it in their dishes.
How many vegetables should they get, and are there any I should try with them that might be a hit?

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

What veggies do they like? Empty Re: What veggies do they like?

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Mon 15 Mar 2021, 2:17 pm

April was a BIG fan of salad greens (mostly romaine, but very fond of lambsquarters too) and cooked sweet potatoes. She also liked things with pumpkin in them, as well as green baby food puree of mixed vegetables.

She practically fought me to get at any slice of pizza I was trying to eat. I wasn't sure if onions and garlic were ok for her to eat, so I would fix her her own "safe" micro pizza, by tearing off a bit of the crispy crust, rinsing the sauce off a little piece each of tomato and green pepper, and topping it with a pinch of mozzarella for a special treat. Such a contented little mousie...

I'm no help with how much or how often to feed vegetables. I probably overindulged my little boopster.

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Dee67 and Poot like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahAdams Tue 16 Mar 2021, 9:30 am

Thank you! I hadn't thought of sweet potato and I bet they would like that. I like it too, so I guess we might all get it for dinner. I've tried tomatoes and green peppers. No go.

I love hearing about your April. It sounds like she was a mouse of distinction and a gourmet too. Love

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee67 Thu 18 Mar 2021, 1:17 am

Figgus is a naughty boy and doesn't like veggies much 😒 He won't touch salad greens, but enjoys sweet potato, potato (must be cooked) and sometimes a bit of cooked carrot. Peas and squash a bit. He's very fussy! I've tried everything but mostly he only likes avocado, pecans and turnip, of all things 😆

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

SarahAdams likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum