Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healthy Weight for mice

2 posters

Go down

Healthy Weight for mice Empty Healthy Weight for mice

Post by JBerti228 Tue 27 Apr 2021, 11:29 am

Hi. I have two female mice and the brindle mouse had put on a lot of weight! My other mouse seems to be at a healthy weight. I scatter feed the grains and seeds but leave a small bowl of pellets out for them and then supplement a few times a week with veggies and fruit. How do I make sure Tequila (the brindle mouse) doesn't put on MORE weight while still making sure my other mouse, Panik, doesn't go hungry? They both run on the wheel and they both get time out of the tank. Any advice is appreciated.
JBerti228
JBerti228

Back to top Go down

Healthy Weight for mice Empty Re: Healthy Weight for mice

Post by chiroptera Thu 29 Apr 2021, 8:14 pm

@JBerti228 Brindle mice are genetically prone to obesity - they will almost always gain more weight than their non-brindle friends. There's really no way of stopping or preventing this, and they usually still live happy and healthy lives. 

Note that you should not limit food to try to get your mouse to lose weight - mice have very high metabolisms and need to always have food available.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum