Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elderly mouse cold and lethargic, dying?

3 posters

Go down

Elderly mouse cold and lethargic, dying? Empty Elderly mouse cold and lethargic, dying?

Post by Moose Thu 20 May 2021, 3:38 pm

Hello. I think my boy might be dying. I heard him out and about yesterday but didn’t hold him because I’ve been sick, not contagious and had my husband check on him because I didn’t hear him all day. He said he was sleeping so I gave him a few pets and realized he’s very cold. He woke up and wanted to get in my hand but struggling to do so and I picked him up. He’s in my hand as we speak, breathing slowly. He’s about two years old so I knew it was coming, but how do I comfort him? My heart is in pieces.

Edit: I just noticed brown on the top of his lips. I’m not sure what this could be. It looks like the same stuff that he’d groom off his paws and fur. Maybe smooshed dried bits of lab pellets? I warmed him up and he started trying to walk around, but he kept stumbling and didn’t seem comfortable so so put him back in his bin to nest and hopefully sleep. He ate some seeds and I put water on my finger for him to drink but he didn’t seem interested.

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

Elderly mouse cold and lethargic, dying? Empty Re: Elderly mouse cold and lethargic, dying?

Post by Dee67 Thu 20 May 2021, 6:58 pm

Poor baby 😥 Just keep him comfortable and perhaps place a warming pad in with him.

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

Back to top Go down

Elderly mouse cold and lethargic, dying? Empty Re: Elderly mouse cold and lethargic, dying?

Post by Moose Thu 20 May 2021, 7:49 pm

Dee67 wrote:Poor baby 😥 Just keep him comfortable and perhaps place a warming pad in with him.

I wish I had a warming pad Sad I live in a hot state so we really no need for them but I had him in a blanket and I was breathing on him. He recently kept trying to squirm away from me though and I have a feeling he’s wanting to be alone to pass away because when I try to pet him in his bin he pulls away from me which is so unlike him. I want to do what’s best for him and as much as it would make me feel closure to hold him while he goes through this process, I want to respect him. This is so hard :’(

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Thu 20 May 2021, 8:11 pm

Well, he just passed on :’( I went out to check on him and he was taking his last breaths, so I pet him and said my last goodbyes. My husband and I will be having a little funeral for him tomorrow. I’m so sad, and I know I’m mourning but I wish I held him yesterday. Of course the one day I don’t hold him the day after I lose him. I’m happy I had him for so long, but it doesn’t feel like long enough. I miss him so much

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

SarahAdams likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee67 Thu 20 May 2021, 10:36 pm

Very sorry for your loss, he obviously had a good and loving home and lived a good life, he is resting now.

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahAdams Fri 21 May 2021, 7:28 pm

Sorry for your loss. Your boy had a good long life and an easy passing. No, it's not long enough. It never is for any of our pets.Sad

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down