Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP my boy, Jasper

3 posters

Go down

RIP my boy, Jasper Empty RIP my boy, Jasper

Post by Moose Thu 20 May 2021, 8:31 pm

A few minutes ago I lost my first mouse, Jasper. Even though I never called him by his name because “little mouse” was just too cute not to call him and he’d respond to that enthusiastically. I’m hoping that writing this memorial to him will give me some closure because I’m having a hard time. Jasper and I had a long journey together with his eye falling out, vet visits, and generally worrying about his health after that but he always pulled through. He passed away at about, if not a little over, two years old. He only recently started showing his age and I stared calling him my little wolf due to his grey color and worn but still beautiful appearance. About halfway through his life he took to me petting and cuddling him. He’d let me take his whole little head between my fingers and stroke behind his ears, under his chin and all. I miss him desperately.

Edit: After a night of no sleep, I decided to get him cremated. I found a lovely pet cremation place down the road from where I live and they're going to give me his ashes and a clay imprint of his tail and pawprint. I was originally going to bury him but we're moving next month and I couldn't stand not to bring him with me. I think bringing him along to our first home is the best decision, since he'll always be a member of our little family.

Last edited by Moose on Fri 21 May 2021, 8:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Moose
Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

RIP my boy, Jasper Empty Re: RIP my boy, Jasper

Post by Dee67 Thu 20 May 2021, 10:41 pm

So sorry for your loss @Moose , it sounds like you had a special relationship, you will remember him with love always and he had a wonderful life with you.
Dee67
Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

Moose likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Fri 21 May 2021, 12:40 am

Dee67 wrote:So sorry for your loss  @Moose , it sounds like you had a special relationship,  you will remember him with love always and he had a wonderful life with you.

Thank you for your kind words and advice. This is never easy on any of us I don’t think, especially with how much we grow to adore these little creatures :’( it’s never enough time
Moose
Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 22 May 2021, 10:14 am

I’m so sorry for your loss. A paw and tail imprint is such a sweet keepsake for your little mouse.  RIP my boy, Jasper 2764 Hope you’re doing well.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sun 23 May 2021, 2:19 pm

Peachy wrote:I’m so sorry for your loss. A paw and tail imprint is such a sweet keepsake for your little mouse.  RIP my boy, Jasper 2764 Hope you’re doing well.
Thank you. He’s the first little friend I’ve ever had cremated, honestly. Not that I didn’t love my hamsters and guinea pigs and they’re at rest at my childhood home, but for some reason this little mouse made such a huge impact on my life. And thank you, I’ll be ok eventually and I hope you’re doing well, too Smile
Moose
Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Peachy and Dee67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: