Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mouse is rapidly breathing, and losing his balance!

2 posters

Go down

My mouse is rapidly breathing, and losing his balance! Empty My mouse is rapidly breathing, and losing his balance!

Post by Photogenicpotato Wed 26 May 2021, 5:12 pm

Hello!! My mouse is acting very sluggish and is having balance issues!!

He’s not making any sounds when breathing, yet is breathing very rapidly, as his heartbeat.

Mouse was totally normal then I temp placed him with another mouse that developed a suspected URI, and perhaps questionable bedding/bad ventilation.

In the morning his sides were sucked in and didn’t move as much and so I moved him into another tank with soil.

He’s not scratching his ears, and when I move him out, he would suddenly move in a circle to face me/the other way. Does anyone KNW what this might be??? His fur isn’t very ruffled and no significant discharge ( just once), and no discharge at all around his eyes. He’s napping as usual on his side, occasionally stares into the distance and wobbles slightly. He’s also eating/drinking less, yet is. Also seems to be breathing through his nose, not mouth. Please advise, thanks!!

Photogenicpotato

KenzelColony likes this post

Back to top Go down

My mouse is rapidly breathing, and losing his balance! Empty Re: My mouse is rapidly breathing, and losing his balance!

Post by Peachy Wed 26 May 2021, 7:08 pm

The side sucking thing happens when mice are severely sick or hurting. I would get him to a vet to try to get a diagnosis and maybe some antibiotics or pain meds. The loss of balance could be anything from an ear infection to a stroke and also needs vet attention.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

KenzelColony likes this post

Back to top Go down

My mouse is rapidly breathing, and losing his balance! Empty Re: My mouse is rapidly breathing, and losing his balance!

Post by Photogenicpotato Wed 26 May 2021, 9:09 pm

Peachy wrote:The side sucking thing happens when mice are severely sick or hurting. I would get him to a vet to try to get a diagnosis and maybe some antibiotics or pain meds. The loss of balance could be anything from an ear infection to a stroke and also needs vet attention.
thanks!! it may be a stroke.

Mouse was totally fine, then overnight mouse started the sucking in, then his balance was great though, climbed and ran. His sides arnt sucked, yet his balance is terrible as off now.

Actually his nose is running so it may be the infection.

Photogenicpotato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down