Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treat ideas

4 posters

Go down

Treat ideas Empty Treat ideas

Post by AnonONIagent Sat 16 Jul 2016, 4:18 pm

So I've long been looking for a treat that my mice will go crazy for. So far the only thing that they will always for sure take from my hands is peanut butter smeared on my finger. Otherwise they seem to ignore fresh fruits and sunflower seeds when I offer them.

So I'm looking for suggestions on things around the house to try feeding my mice. This excludes mouse-specific treats that can't also be eaten by humans, as currently my mom isn't allowing me to spend my money on anything besides food, bills and rent.
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Treat ideas Empty Re: Treat ideas

Post by MouseLover Sat 16 Jul 2016, 4:59 pm

Cheerios and rice crispies (in fact most cereals, just avoid anything too sugary). Pine nuts and pumpkin seeds also go down well with my girls Smile
MouseLover
MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK Sat 16 Jul 2016, 5:22 pm

Uncooked noodles and many "natural" dog treats (look at ingredients). And stale bread. Non-flavored popcorn.

I believe they can have a little nibble of cooked chicken, right?
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 16 Jul 2016, 6:34 pm

Be careful with the peanut butter. Most of us pick the peanuts out of the food we give our mice because peanuts can cause allergies in mice.

Even my most tame mice won't always take things from my hands. Sometimes they are more interested in my actual hands. They want to hang out and crawl on me more than taking a treat.

Here are some safe household treats: wheat bread or toast, dry oats (not instant), cheerios, rice krispies, walnuts/pecans (unsalted), dried coconut, a nibble of string cheese, an occasional lick of olive oil, cooked spaghetti, plain popcorn, plain yogurt, and flaxseeds. Good luck.

oh, and yes, they can have plain chicken and also scrambled eggs.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum