Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed

2 posters

Go down

Help needed Empty Help needed

Post by Snowfall47 Sat 20 Aug 2022, 6:16 pm

My mouse has been acting strange lately, at first I thought it was because of the death of her cage mate a few months ago but today when I picked her up I noticed a large growth at the base of her tail that wasn't there previously. I put her in a clear container to monitor her for a bit and it appears that the growth is obstructing her bowel movements. I told my mother about it  but she said that she "wasn't going to the vet over a mouse" since i'm not an adult I have no way of seeking medical help for her on my own. Is there anything I can do to help her myself?

Edit: It has occurred to me to describe the lump. It is hard, about the diameter of a nickel, and on the underside of her back leg. There is what appears to be a blister on the bottom, from what I assume is her trying to run on her wheel, it doesn't appear to be the cause of the growth but rather a side-product. It is affecting her walking but only slightly, she seems completely fine otherwise.
Could the growth be from cancer? Are there any steps I can take to help her other than removing the wheel?

Snowfall47

Back to top Go down

Help needed Empty Hello there

Post by city_miceBoston Sat 10 Sep 2022, 6:11 am

Hey so when any of my mice are injured or ill, I always look at if it's impacting their movement and you need 2 make sure they are able to eat and move around without trouble. But it sounds like it's a tumor and those usually can't be operated on anyways , but you need 2 find a way 2 get to a vet because you are responsible for the life. If it's a tumor and it's obstructing it's bowels, they can put it down.
city_miceBoston
city_miceBoston

Back to top Go down