Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Long Pregnancy?

Go down

Extra Long Pregnancy? Empty Extra Long Pregnancy?

Post by Mousenip Sat 03 Sep 2022, 1:18 am

What is the absolute longest a mouse can be pregnant?

I have two rescue girls who I thought were both pregnant due to their shape. One gave birth over a week ago and has five healthy kits. The other one continues to gain weight at about 1 gram per day, but still hasn't given birth. I picked them up on August 7th at 2pm, so it's been 26 days already. She's fat like she swallowed a golf ball and has prominent nipples.

I've heard that mice can pause their pregnancy for 5 days if they feel conditions aren't good, bring gestation up to a max of 26-28 days... is this true? On what day can I guarantee that she's not pregnant?

I just found out that this girl is a brindle and apparently they sometimes get fat with a pregnant shape. She's been eating a TON because she's in with the other rescue, who is nursing and therefore needs access to extra food and protein.

She currently weights 65 grams as of yesterday (September 1st)!!
Mousenip
Mousenip

Batty

Back to top Go down

Extra Long Pregnancy? Empty Re: Extra Long Pregnancy?

Post by Mousenip Fri 09 Sep 2022, 12:28 am

i learned nothing new about extended pregnancy, but it's been over a month and no kits, so she is not pregnant
Mousenip
Mousenip

Batty

Back to top Go down