Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ham sitting

+4
MouseLover
Rodents rock!
CinnamonPearl
scaredymouse
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ham sitting Empty ham sitting

Post by scaredymouse Fri 12 Aug 2016, 12:08 am

Here are some pictures of the visiting hams at my house!

ham sitting Wp_20284

ham sitting Wp_20285

ham sitting Wp_20286

I'm a little concerned about the one in the last picture.  My friend got her from the "back room" at the pet store... one of her legs is deformed, it's hard to say whether it is congenital or from an injury, but it's not shaped right, so she basically limps around on her knee.  Of course, that area will need to be watched for skin breakdown but the hammie also seems very small to me, and her eyes are bulging.  When I first got Honeybun, her eyes looked bulgy too, but it resolved.  She doesn't seem like she's in pain but she doesn't behave like other hamsters.  She just sits in your hand... it seems like she's weak.  Well, I have at least 4 more days with her, so maybe I'll be able to get a better idea of what's going on with her.  I would hate to give her back to my friend without alerting her to any possible problems but I also don't want to worry her if it's not necessary. She's a sweet little thing though!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

ham sitting Empty Re: ham sitting

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 12 Aug 2016, 8:30 am

Hopefully you can figure out the problem! Maybe her leg pains her, or makes it difficult for her to run around?

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 12 Aug 2016, 8:46 am

They are all just adorable! What are their names? I hope the little one will be ok.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 12 Aug 2016, 8:49 am

I've heard people talk about getting kinda special needs rodents from the "back room" of different pet stores. Do you just ask if they have any? Do they actually let you go back to see?
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Fri 12 Aug 2016, 9:06 am

I love the roborovski in the first picture, I would love to have one/two some day Smile So tiny and cute!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 12 Aug 2016, 12:28 pm

sometimes they will have a sign that says that there is an animal up for "adoption" just ask. but most of the time, you have to ask. a few of my kids are from the back room. my pet store knows me, so they always just take me back there to have a look.

the little one doesn't seem to be in any pain. my friend has only had her a few weeks, often times special needs hams will perk up pretty quick once they are in a loving home. i just want to keep an eye on her while she's here.

in order of appearance... there is Tini, Zippy, and Bonnie. it's fun borrowing hammies!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 12 Aug 2016, 12:55 pm

I got two more pics of the robo, Tini!  So cute! My friends daughter is going to love these pictures!

ham sitting Wp_20288

ham sitting Wp_20287

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 12 Aug 2016, 3:46 pm

Ok, thanks for the info on the "back room". I will have to ask next time I'm in my PetSmart. Cute names - I love the photo of Tini and her water bottle - so sweet.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 12 Aug 2016, 4:30 pm

D'awww. I really hope that little dwarfie ends up being alright.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 12 Aug 2016, 5:15 pm

Oh, Zippy, what a fun name! A cute hamster too. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 12 Aug 2016, 5:26 pm

They're so cute! Really great shots too. I've been wanting a Robo or two myself. One day.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK Fri 12 Aug 2016, 5:45 pm

Great photos of everybody! That's quite the hammie variety pack. Bonnie may have been stunted / malnourished while growing.

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 13 Aug 2016, 11:30 am

Aaaw Tini Love Stop it scaredymouse, the temptation for robo's is too much!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 13 Aug 2016, 11:45 am

I got an adorable picture of the little disabled hammie, Bonnie.  She looked so silly sitting on her butt in that big chair. I'm going to make a padded wheel for her to help prevent skin breakdown on that pressure point she walks on.

ham sitting Wp_20289

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK Sat 13 Aug 2016, 1:10 pm

Could you line a wheel or saucer with fleece?

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: