Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long time no see everyone!

+4
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
Artistwolf
antant26
8 posters

Go down

Long time no see everyone!  Empty Long time no see everyone!

Post by antant26 Sun 14 Aug 2016, 5:06 pm

Hi, it's (formerly) MunchyMousey2015. Let's take a moment to recognize how bad that username was and how I'd utterly failed to read the rules. Neutral This time I did, so I apologize for anything I do incorrectly. I made sure I had a vague idea of who the team was and will avoid replying to each person individually this time. Razz Limit was three posts per day under moderation, right?

Currently I have no mice, as my dear Salem passed away at the vets office on the 22nd of March. The vet had given him painkillers and an oxygen tent, so he passed as peacefully as possible. I still miss him. The other day I was chopping cucumber and thought "Why don't I give some to Salem... oh, right." Sad

Currently I'm looking to sanitize his cages. (A bin and then a ten gallon) And the oodles of toys. (Most are plastic, a few wood) Critter Trail tubes should be thrown away because they are dangerous and I didn't know because I was an idiot, correct? Razz Luckily they didn't hurt Salem when he was alive. Where did the angel mouse emoticon go?

Where should I post those questions? I'm guessing not here, and this time I want to avoid causing any inconveniences. Hopefully I start on the better foot this time.

antant26
Jr Member
Jr Member

Virgo Elated

Back to top Go down

Long time no see everyone!  Empty Re: Long time no see everyone!

Post by Artistwolf Sun 14 Aug 2016, 5:12 pm

Hi!! Welcome back! Hey, don't feel bad, we all have to start somewhere Smile Yup, Crittertrail tubes are dangerous—it's okay to use maybe one segment just inside their cage to use sort of like a toilet roll tube, but long tubes and such aren't safe.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 14 Aug 2016, 8:56 pm

Welcome back!  I'm sorry to hear about Salem.

Crittertrail-type tubes are unsafe and really hard to clean when several are snapped together in very long paths/mazes.  But used individually or in short connections inside the tank/cage as a toy is fine. I find mice really like to pee and poo in and on them, so you may find they'll need frequent washing (kind of like their wheel).  

Sanitizing cages and plastic or ceramic toys is simple. If you're really worried you can wash/soak them in a diluted bleach solution (10 parts water to 1 part bleach), rinse and dry well.  But just washing them well with good ol' Dawn dish soap should be enough. Wooden things I would scrub off well, soak in diluted white vinegar (equal parts) then rinse and dry well or bake at a low temperature in the oven (watch very closely).  Others may have better advice on that - it's just what I do. Works for me to stretch out the use of wooden toys anyway.

There are two angel mouse smilies in with the others. Angel Rainbow Angel  You should find the smilies to the right of your post window or at the top right of the window in quick reply.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 15 Aug 2016, 7:50 am

Welcome back Antant! So happy to have you with us again. Very Happy I'm so sorry to hear about Salem, but it sounds like he left as comfortably and peacefully as possible. And on this new forum, there's no post limit or moderation for new members or anything. Just feel free to enjoy yourself. Smile

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 15 Aug 2016, 8:00 am

This forum is under new management, we have rules posted somewhere but they are pretty straightforward. We are a little more casual over here, at least for the time being. While we don't have an "expert" anymore, collectively we have a lot to offer and we do our best to help. Glad to have you back!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 15 Aug 2016, 10:22 am

Welcome antant.  Mouse Wave I'm sorry to hear about Salem but am so happy you came back!
If you need help with something, there's a help section towards the bottom, but you don't have to worry about asking a quick question. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by antant26 Mon 15 Aug 2016, 1:36 pm

Thank you! Smile Wow, there's likes on this forum! Great way to show appreciation, even if there's nothing else to say. Thank you CallaLilly, I'll try what you suggested if no one has anything else to add. Smile

antant26
Jr Member
Jr Member

Virgo Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:15 pm

Oh, yeah, to answer your questions..... Giggling

I just use soap and water to clean tanks and plastic toys, unless there was some sort of unusual infectious disease or something, in which case i would use diluted bleach. And with wood toys, i also soak in soapy water for a while then give it a good scrub and then bake at about 200 for about an hour.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by antant26 Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:29 pm

Salem had an abscess, does that make it necessary to do a real deep cleaning? Just double checking. Thank you scaredymouse and all! Smile

antant26
Jr Member
Jr Member

Virgo Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:40 pm

I don't think so. I don't really like messing around with bleach unless I really need to, so I would just use soap and water for that. The common germs that might have been there have long died off.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Mon 15 Aug 2016, 6:46 pm

Welcome, Antant26! I hope you find a new heart mouse soon!

I imagine it must have been me who was overwhelmed with your enthusiasm on the Fun Mouse. On the majority of days, I ran it alone so all of the posts awaiting moderation were my responsibility, whether there were two or fifty. I always felt bad having to tell people to slow down and/or follow the many rules. I'm pleased to see that it didn't put you off mouse forums forever!

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by antant26 Tue 16 Aug 2016, 7:45 pm

How could I give up on mouse forums? Smile This is a treasure trove of information. I like to learn as much about mouse care as I possibly can. I find keeping an open mind with pet care is important for me. Standards can change. Problems need solutions. Thank you for being there (I'm talking to everyone here now) for everyone. Smile Without you all I'd still have no idea which diet is good for mice, which vet is good, how to prevent illness, that mesh wheels aren't all bad, how to deal with mites... Wink

antant26
Jr Member
Jr Member

Virgo Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Tue 16 Aug 2016, 8:47 pm

Aw, thanks! I totally agree with you. I feel like I know so much about mice... All thanks to these forums!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 16 Aug 2016, 9:40 pm

Mouse Wave Hello and welcome. I've learned so much here and truly appreciate everyone. Great group of people. Welcome
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down