Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School!!

+6
MouseLover
CinnamonPearl
River
AnonymousMouseOwner
Rodents rock!
Artistwolf
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

School!! Empty School!!

Post by Artistwolf Tue 16 Aug 2016, 9:02 pm

Today was my first day as a Senior at high school. Eep!
But I do quite like a few of my classes. My favorite is animal behavior class! The teacher has two bearded dragons, a tortoise—who apparently sometimes walks around class and likes to bite people's shoes—and two big fish tanks—one with guppies and one with crawfish that we'll get to do our first lab with. And then at the end of the year we'll get to build mazes and see how quickly mice can figure them out! EEEE I'm so excited!!!

I also quite like my Engineering drawing & CAD 1 class. There's a lot of drawing and stuff and I'm looking forward to it. Same with my digital art class—in there we also get to work with drawing tablets and I'm super excited for that because I've never used one before and I've always wanted to.

Anyway, so besides those classes I just have the general AP Psychology, AP English, and Pre-Calculus. And I'm also arudent assisting in the counselor's office, so basically I'll be running things up to teachers and stuff. Also useful because I get to be right by the counsellors every day for college stuff that has to come with being a senior :/

Hey, and just a side-thought—I feel like I know way more about mice than I do cats, but I can't seem to learn more about cats. I read stuff about them all the time but I can't feel well-rounded in knowing them. Is there just too much to know or that can't be concretely said about cats? I feel like I need to know as much as is earthly possible seeing as I'll be getting one soonish (well, probably around May).

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

School!! Empty Re: School!!

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 16 Aug 2016, 9:46 pm

Sounds like you have some pretty cool classes at school, thats exciting! Dance
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 16 Aug 2016, 10:47 pm

OOOH! The mouse thing sounds so fun! Wish I could do that class! I'm going to have to take science about rocks and stuff, which I don't find interesting Nah.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by River Tue 16 Aug 2016, 11:25 pm

I'm just practicing algebra, mainly. I was supposed to go to college in the fall, but since I don't know algebra well enough, I couldnt. I'm also doing astronomy, woman's history and black history. That's it, really.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 16 Aug 2016, 11:31 pm

High school already? Whaaaat? Am I the only one who starts in September? I was at a stream earlier and everyone seems to be starting around now.

Animal behavior class sounds so cool! The closest thing I have to that is marine science where we get to keep saltwater fish tanks. Very cool. This year I'm doubling on science. AP biology and regents physics. RIP me. X_X

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 17 Aug 2016, 7:00 am

Artistwolf - that animal behaviour class sounds amazing!! How cute that you get to make mazes for mice! When I did my Psychology degree I took a class in animal behaviour & cognition. It was my favourite Very Happy

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Wed 17 Aug 2016, 10:09 am

My local school district starts on the 24th, next Wednesday I think. I've never heard about classes like that though!

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Wed 17 Aug 2016, 11:05 am

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote: I'm going to have to take science about rocks and stuff, which I don't find interesting Nah.

Rocks rock, AnonymousMouseOwner! Geology is simply amazing as it tells us about the history of our planet in great detail and allows you to touch and examine items that can be millions and billions of years old. Holding an igneous (volcanic) rock is essentially holding dried lava from way below the earth's crust. Sedimentary rocks contain the fossil history of the planet from trace fossils of ferns to dinosaur bones! Give this class a chance: I bet you'll like it and will never look at the natural world the same way again.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 17 Aug 2016, 12:26 pm

Your classes sound great! I don't think we had any interesting classes like animal behavior at my high school. I loved my psychology classes, though. So fun!

The school district here starts k-12 classes on the 24th too. My classes start the 30th. I can't wait. Bouncy
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by River Wed 17 Aug 2016, 3:50 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:High school already? Whaaaat? Am I the only one who starts in September? I was at a stream earlier and everyone seems to be starting around now.

Animal behavior class sounds so cool! The closest thing I have to that is marine science where we get to keep saltwater fish tanks. Very cool. This year I'm doubling on science. AP biology and regents physics. RIP me. X_X

I start in September as well!

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 17 Aug 2016, 5:14 pm

MesaMouse wrote:
AnonymousMouseOwner wrote: I'm going to have to take science about rocks and stuff, which I don't find interesting Nah.

Rocks rock, AnonymousMouseOwner! Geology is simply amazing as it tells us about the history of our planet in great detail and allows you to touch and examine items that can be millions and billions of years old. Holding an igneous (volcanic) rock is essentially holding dried lava from way below the earth's crust. Sedimentary rocks contain the fossil history of the planet from trace fossils of ferns to dinosaur bones! Give this class a chance: I bet you'll like it and will never look at the natural world the same way again.
I agree, learning about dinosaurs and fossils can be interesting. When I learned geology in the past, though, we were just learning what rocks were made of. I'm more into learning about earth's resources, plants, & animals. Maybe high school will be different though, I don't know...

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed 17 Aug 2016, 5:46 pm

I really enjoyed my high school's Earth Science class (and I met my husband in that class! Lovey).
Don't know if your class will be similar, but we had sections on different things like rocks/minerals, water, the ocean, land plates/faults, volcanoes, climate, and astronomy. I remember like a geologic timeline thing, too... it actually came in handy a while ago. Wink Hopefully you'll enjoy at least parts of your class!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 17 Aug 2016, 9:13 pm

Is it regents earth science? If so, ENJOY IT. It will be the easiest science you take in your entire high school career. Most of my high school science teachers, like for chem and physics, don't even consider earth science a real science. Plus, the material is actually pretty interesting. Learning about weather patterns and geography actually have helped me to develop more realistic worlds when I write.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:33 pm

Yeah, I know right?! It's so awesome how we get a nice animal behavior class. Of course, there are a lot of slackers in there because it's animal behavior and apparently animals are easy to learn about, I guess.
We got to watch a documentary about Jane Goodall today! It was fun Very Happy
What? You're only starting in September? That's crazy! When did you get out of school?

I had to buy a graphing calculator today. It's a TI-84 Plus CE and its blue so I'm feeling special XD I'll probably need it if when I'm an architect, anyway, so it's okay to have to pay up for my pre-calculus class.

I took some photos of the bearded dragon in Animal Behavior class (which apparently should be called Ethology). So here you go:
School!! Image27
School!! Image26

And here's a photo of the project I made for pre-calc class (it was basically just an "about me" thing; you could write or draw or collage 10 facts about you on an 8.5"x11" piece of paper. So I did a watercolor painting):
School!! Image28

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 18 Aug 2016, 8:58 pm

I see you included Elsa! Are you a fellow Frozen fan? Very Happy

Pisces

Back to top Go down