Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School!!

+6
MouseLover
CinnamonPearl
River
AnonymousMouseOwner
Rodents rock!
Artistwolf
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

School!! - Page 2 Empty Re: School!!

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 18 Aug 2016, 10:15 pm

Very cool looking bearded dragon. I love your painting, especially the kitties. You are very talented!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Thu 18 Aug 2016, 10:22 pm

Cinna: Yup, I love Frozen! I like how it's a sister type story instead of only being focused on the bad guy and the hero. My sister and I are really close, so it kind of just feels special to me ^_^

Rodents Rock!: Thanks! There are actually two of them—you can see the bottom one on the first photo... Sorry, I just realized the first photo and the second photo got all mushed together so it's hard to see. Anyway, I haven't had class pets in so long that it's really exciting me! lol
Thanks!! Yeah, the cats actually did come out really well Smile It's always a bit of a toss-up as to how it'll look when you're painting with watercolor. I also used a but of marker, pencil, sharpie, and a tiny bit of white-out in this too, just to sort of more successfully manipulate the watercolor. Such a hard medium to work with, but the result is really unique and beautiful.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bthny Fri 19 Aug 2016, 6:43 am

Artistwolf wrote:Hey, and just a side-thought—I feel like I know way more about mice than I do cats, but I can't seem to learn more about cats. I read stuff about them all the time but I can't feel well-rounded in knowing them. Is there just too much to know or that can't be concretely said about cats? I feel like I need to know as much as is earthly possible seeing as I'll be getting one soonish (well, probably around May).

In my experience, there's a lot of misinformation out there about cats. What kind of things are you trying to learn? Anything care wise, a vet might be your best option. If you're planning on adopting, a shelter should have some good resources and information on that too. If you're more interested in learning more about cat behavior, Jackson Galaxy has a tv show called My Cat from Hell that has a lot of great information.

Congrats on starting your senior year! I'm in college studying animal behavior, and it's really cool that your school has a class in it.
Bthny
Bthny
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 19 Aug 2016, 8:38 am

Artistwolf: does drawing and painting come natural to you or did you take some classes for it?

Bthny: I love Jackson Galaxy! His show is so full of great information about cat's behaviors.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Fri 19 Aug 2016, 8:45 am

Artistwolf wrote:Cinna: Yup, I love Frozen! I like how it's a sister type story instead of only being focused on the bad guy and the hero. My sister and I are really close, so it kind of just feels special to me ^_^

Sweet, me too! I used to be very active in its fandom. I was a fanfiction reviewer! I made a friend in it, and now we've known each other for almost four years online.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Fri 19 Aug 2016, 12:29 pm

I'm not really sure what I'm looking to learn. I subscribe to Catster magazine so I suppose I am learning quite a lot. I just feel like I can't tell someone exactly how to care for a cat like I can for a mouse. I don't know. Thanks for the suggestions though! I didn't even think of a vet. And I'll have a look for that show—it sounds really interesting.

Cool! Yeah, it's pretty awesome Very Happy

RodentsRock: It's really all natural. My mom randomly gave me some art pencils and a sketchbook from my aunt, and I started drawing in it... And was really proud of my first drawing, so I kept it up. Then my mom gave me some acrylic paint and it turned out I could paint! I have taken a few classes, but quite honestly I don't think they've helped very much. I've improved a lot—but I think that was all mostly on my own.

Cinna: That's great!! I've only ever read Downton Abbey fanfic toon before, and that hasn't exactly been my thing XD But then Downton can be pretty serious so yeah. I did once read one pretty good one. But I've mostly stayed away from it because I've wanted to keep what was in my mind as the truth XD

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 23 Aug 2016, 8:51 am

Awesome picture Artistwolf. I'm a HUUUGE frozen fan Very Happy I dressed up as Elsa (and my sister was Anna) for my birthday party lol.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Tue 23 Aug 2016, 12:24 pm

That's great Very Happy Yes, Frozen is the best!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum