Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is something about a white mouse.

+4
EverythingAnimal
Artistwolf
Peachy
Mouseketeers
8 posters

Go down

There is something about a white mouse.  Empty There is something about a white mouse.

Post by Mouseketeers Fri 16 Sep 2016, 6:58 pm

I never had a huge appreciate for PEW's or white mice in general. I was always drawn to creams, brindles and broken coloured mice that have enough colour flaws to make any show judge faint. So when I had my first litter of predominantly white covered pups I didn't even hesitate in handing them all over to another breeder. She kept telling me " there is just something about a white mouse". Fast forward seven months when I have the chance to take back one of those very bucks and I too can now say " there is just something about them".

Now he is broken coloured of course xD So not completely white, well technically not white at all. But that face! Heart Eyes

He is an even better version of his sire Teddy who was hands down the cutest mouse I have ever come across ( not biased at all Razz ) Not technically correct in his confo, but as far as breeding for pets I would go his type every time over show type. One of the best coat types that I have bred too, it just got better with age ( it is usually the opposite with rex and Lc's ).

There is something about a white mouse.  Frosty_zpswqwmj5kx

There is something about a white mouse.  Frosty%202_zpsotbft6ty

And a very bad photo of him at three weeks? Give or take a few lol
There is something about a white mouse.  IMG_4321_zpsoqsvxpjk

Who else has a white mouse that just has that ... thing about them?
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

There is something about a white mouse.  Empty Re: There is something about a white mouse.

Post by Peachy Fri 16 Sep 2016, 7:44 pm

The second picture is adorable. And he's got the best face. Oh my goodness. Heart Eyes

For a while I didn't care for white mice, but lately I just love them. Maybe it's because I've had so many self/barely marked blacks and brindles in the last few years. My Yoko has blue on her face and near her tail, but she's the whitest mouse I've had since my PEW passed in late 2013. I was so happy to find her! lol

Last edited by abeona on Fri 16 Sep 2016, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

There is something about a white mouse.  Empty Re: There is something about a white mouse.

Post by Artistwolf Fri 16 Sep 2016, 8:08 pm

Aww! He really is adorable.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Fri 16 Sep 2016, 8:21 pm

What a teddy bear! I think most people like colored mice because they happen to be more unique. In a big group of white mice had one black mouse, that one is more likely to go as a pet and not a feeder because there is something special about it. That's why I always go for the least interesting one at Petco! However, I feed like if black mice happened to be more common them PEW's, people would like the PEW's better.
They only time I don't go for the least interesting is when there is a blue mouse. They're just gorgeous to me, always are. One time I want into the Pet store and saw a beautiful solid blue with the same face as your mouse. I was about to call someone over to get her out for me when a mother and teenage daughter went in, looked at the small animals, glanced at the mice and said "That would be a good pet for college." And I turned around for them walking away with no other than my adorable blue. Sad It took me a while to get over that one!

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers Fri 16 Sep 2016, 10:11 pm

Abeona - I feel the same way now. You watch, I will get all solid colours now xD We just need one of every colour and then we will be satisfied Razz

Thanks Artistwolf! I am rather taken with him too. Always was the friendliest too.

EverythingAnimal - Aww no! How upsetting for you Sad Rex mice seem to have an over all rounder appearance. Even under all the fluff they have this little hamster like face. I break all the rules for liking that mouse build let alone breed for it. But how can you resist the little chubby faces.
What a coincidence! His dad was a blue too! Unfortunately I was only able to ever breed one other blue from him. I kick myself to this day for not retaining him.

There is something about a white mouse.  Image_zps4xbe4cy4
There is something about a white mouse.  IMG_2607_zpsuypfpt0s
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

Post by River Fri 16 Sep 2016, 10:22 pm

I've always liked white mice - and white animals in general - but Graham was in a group of white mice and there was just something special about her that made me choose her over her sisters. I don't know what it was, but I'm glad I chose her.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 17 Sep 2016, 7:21 am

Oh gosh, he is just adorable Love I love all white mice, but especially with black eyes. I think there's something about those little black shiny beady eyes, and the way they stand out against the white fur. It's so cute, like Stuart Little Laughing
I haven't had a white mouse in a long time, I'd really like one now.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 17 Sep 2016, 9:55 pm

you know I like white mouse Wink

although, I've got a pretty good lookin' blue one i'm pretty smitten with, too

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Sat 17 Sep 2016, 10:05 pm

I've never owned a colored mouse, only PEWs. I'm not too concerned about color as long as they have the right personality. Rogue probably has the best personality that I could ask for in a mouse, and I am so grateful for that (especially because when I adopted him I knew nothing about mouse personalities, oops. I got soooo lucky).

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down