Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colorful nesting material

+3
scaredymouse
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Colorful nesting material Empty Colorful nesting material

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 27 Sep 2016, 7:58 pm

I'm looking for something similar to the CareFresh Hide N' Seek nestables, because unfortunately I checked every pet store around and none carried it or anything similar to it, (the employees all just redirected me to that dangerous cotton fluff nesting material). It reminds me of that paper Easter basket "grass" stuff that goes in the bottom of the basket... (you know what I'm talking about?). Would that stuff be safe? I'm not sure if the dyes used to color it could be bad or what.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Colorful nesting material Empty Re: Colorful nesting material

Post by CallaLily Tue 27 Sep 2016, 8:54 pm

Crinkle paper? Honestly I just pick up little bags from the Dollar Tree.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 27 Sep 2016, 9:45 pm

Yes! Oh ok, thanks for the info! I will look for some! Is it seasonal at Dollar Tree or is it something they have year round?

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 28 Sep 2016, 12:16 am

For colorful stuff, I use tissue paper, crepe paper, or construction paper.  The mice don't care!  I'm sure the stuff in the carefresh bags is the same stuff they have at the dollar store.  I bet they don't even use different dyes. They have stuff like that at craft stores too. I'm sure I've seen it year round.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 28 Sep 2016, 12:41 am

I have been cutting construction paper into square and heart shaped pieces, and every last piece always ends up in their coconut hide, no matter how well I mix it in with the bedding! They sure are good at finding stuff for their nest. I also tear up regular tissues sometimes and just put a pile in their cage and come back later to find it gone. I just like to give them lots of different materials for them to find and play with, then take to their nest, and this paper looks so fun! Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 28 Sep 2016, 5:43 am

Yes, they have crinkle paper year round, in various colors.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Wed 28 Sep 2016, 10:17 pm

I use my paper shredder for big sheets of construction paper, but they don't like as much as plain white paper cut with scissors (I just realized what a weird word that is, "scissors" Teehee )

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 29 Sep 2016, 7:38 am

My girls seem to like ripped up pieces of plain packing paper best, though they're not super picky about it. Toilet paper, paper towel, newspaper, construction paper, crinkle paper - ripped or perfect strips or cute shapes - they love it all.

This week they've pulled all the raffia into their nest. I had the pumpkin patch piled high again and they took it all. Last week I took a brown paper bag, cut and twisted to look like a tree with hidden treats inside. They shredded the bag and used it for nesting. The leaf shapes I cut out became part of the nest too. It's so fun how these simple things are so enjoyed by them! Very Happy

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 29 Sep 2016, 10:53 am

I tried to make that tree before! It didn't look as good and the mice knocked it over in two seconds, but they did enjoy it tearing it apart. Laughing

I always look at the crinkle paper at the Dollar Tree but change my mind. I made some with constructon paper around Easter but they girls didn't seem to think it was anything special.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 29 Sep 2016, 11:46 am

Laughing  Mine tore it up pretty quickly too. Laughing  Worth it though to see them enjoying it.

The crinkle paper isn't as enjoyed by my girls as packing paper but they've definitely pulled it around, removing a good amount from the digging pit both times I've used it there. I think it's pretty too. I'm too lazy to cut up all that paper and crinkle it so I'd rather just spend a dollar on a bag of it. Paper Bag

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 29 Sep 2016, 12:39 pm

Well, apparently, I don't even need to pay a dollar now! Before I posted here, I contacted CareFresh and just asked for locations of where the Nestables are sold. They replied back and told me they have stopped producing the Nestables because they just weren't the best sellers. But, they also said they have some just sitting around and they would be willing to ship me a box! CareFresh is the nicest company in the world!!!!!!! Thank you CareFresh!!!!! I don't think I'll ever choose another bedding company! Thank you!!!!!!! Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:32 pm

How lucky are you! Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 29 Sep 2016, 4:37 pm

Wow Awesome!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 29 Sep 2016, 5:27 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Well, apparently, I don't even need to pay a dollar now! Before I posted here, I contacted CareFresh and just asked for locations of where the Nestables are sold. They replied back and told me they have stopped producing the Nestables because they just weren't the best sellers. But, they also said they have some just sitting around and they would be willing to ship me a box! CareFresh is the nicest company in the world!!!!!!! Thank you CareFresh!!!!! I don't think I'll ever choose another bedding company! Thank you!!!!!!! Smile

I will seriously have to start contacting manufacturers once I'm a rodent owner again (waiting to hear back from a person rehoming a female Syrian ham on craigslist) -- the amount of stuff you've gotten just by praising products is truly amazing! My girls always liked to have a handful of Nestables mixed in with their Clean and Cozy and I loved the pop of that little added color but hadn't been able to find any for over a year. Glad to hear that those little bags of crinkle strips at the dollar store is essentially the same though...should the need arise, heh heh!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 03 Oct 2016, 5:12 pm

Oh. My. When they said a box, they meant a box!

Colorful nesting material Img_0315

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next