Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoey!

+4
MooMouse
MouseLover
CallaLily
scaredymouse
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Zoey! Empty Zoey!

Post by scaredymouse Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:16 pm

Oh my gosh, look at the cute picture I got of Zoey!  Look at her dangling little feets!  She must be sitting on her fuzzybutt!

Zoey! Wp_20133

Would you believe they have been even more friendly and affectionate since I started getting all the mats out of their hair!   Smart little girls know momma is helping.

Bonus:  A few snaps of my Tedward.  Sweet little man.

Zoey! Wp_20135

Zoey! Wp_20136

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Zoey! Empty Re: Zoey!

Post by CallaLily Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:40 pm

Zoey is adorable! Is grooming a part of their bonding routine, like with mice? If so, totally makes sense that it would bring you guys closer. That's awesome!

Teddy is a cutie too. Love the first pic of him getting a drink. Heart

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 04 Oct 2016, 4:25 pm

Hehehe Laughing that picture made me chuckle. The feets Love

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:06 pm

That pic of Zoey is so cute! Especially from that angle. Her dangling little feet are quite adorable Smile

Tedward is also looking mighty handsome. I can't help but notice that greenish cube hide thing in the background. What is it? It looks very interesting Confused

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 04 Oct 2016, 8:25 pm

Ah, yes... The cube is an aquarium toy. The mice love it! I got them at Petco. I also have one that is twice as tall. That one is in the ladies tank. They love to climb that one up to the hammock. They are so versatile! Sometimes I flip over the short one and use it to hold the coconut hideaway. I love them!

Calla- I don't see them groom each other like mice. They snuggle and give kisses but mostly groom themselves, as far as I've seen. Besides, I don't think they were enjoying what I did to them!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 04 Oct 2016, 8:49 pm

Your chinchillas are so cute! I was wondering a few things about chinchillas... What temperature does the room need to be that they are in? I've always heard they are really heat sensitive. Also, are they really social, like, do they really need each other like female mice do?

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 04 Oct 2016, 10:00 pm

She's super cute! I'm also loving those feet. Love
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 04 Oct 2016, 10:05 pm

Oh, I see. I'm glad it still worked out to tighten the bond between you!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:10 am

I love the shape of Zoey's ears..almost rectangular. Even though they most likely didn't enjoy the de-matting process, they undoubtedly feel so much better without hard wads of fur pressing against them when they're lying down. Since you removed those annoying mats, you are most definitely recognized as a good friend!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:16 am

Yes, chinchilla's can overheat very easily. They need to be in a cool climate or in a house with A/C. The prefer temps between about 55- 70 degrees. They can handle up to about 75 but once you hit 80, they can get heatstroke. In the wild, they live in a cool, dry climate in high altitudes. The also need low humidity.

My girls are right near an AC vent and we like to be cool in the summer, too. They also have big marble slabs in the cage to help them stay cool. You also have to be careful to make sure they don't overheat when they play, too. Their ears actually start getting red... that means play time is over.

Chinchillas are a lot more versatile than mice. Boys can live together, girls can live together, neutered/spayed males and females can live together or they can live alone. Some chins just don't get along with anyone. I imagine though, if you have a single chin, you should be spending more time with him/her.

Poor Chloe still has rough looking fur... but I'm going to give her a little break for a while. I think all she needs now is a good brushing, she's got a lot of loose hair but it's packed in with all her other fur. Their coats are so dense, I can barely get a brush or comb through it!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:54 am

Ok, thank you! I was considering getting one someday, but it's just soooooooooooo hot here. I figured about $500 for everything (A cage, the chinchilla(s), and a small AC to put in the room it would be in). It's a lot to save up, but hopefully I can do it!

Edit: What is your opinion on this cage? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferret-Cage-Pet-Guinea-Small-Chinchilla-Pig-Animal-Rabbit-Multi-New-Large-Gift-/281886370292?hash=item41a1bca9f4:g:-FgAAOSwZ1lWhCsU

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 05 Oct 2016, 7:20 pm

The gold standard of cages is this one:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=17473

Chins are very, very smart... I would worry about them breaking out of that cage you listed. Also, they can live up to 20 years... so if you just start off buying a really nice cage, it will last their whole lives.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 05 Oct 2016, 8:01 pm

Ahh ok, that appears to be a ferret nation, so would a critter nation work as well? I was thinking of this critter nation: http://www.ebay.com/itm/midwest-critter-nation-cage-double-unit-with-stand-small-animal-cage/301953078404?hash=item464dce5484
I just started reading about them, and I saw that they live that long, I was really surprised! Most small animals are pretty short lived, so that's cool!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 05 Oct 2016, 10:11 pm

yep, critter nation works too.  I only prefer the ferret nation because the space between the bars is wider which allows for this sort of thing Smile

Zoey! Wp_20142

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 06 Oct 2016, 6:53 am

lol Laughing Your chins are so funny Smile so much personality!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next