Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse water bottle

3 posters

Go down

Mouse water bottle Empty Mouse water bottle

Post by MyMouseAndMe Wed 28 Aug 2019, 12:08 pm

I bought a tiny tales mouse cage, the water bottle it came with worked fine for a while but now the force of the water won't push the ball all the way down, and its leaking everywhere. Any suggestions? Thank you.
MyMouseAndMe
MyMouseAndMe

Aries Zen

Back to top Go down

Mouse water bottle Empty Re: Mouse water bottle

Post by Robin~ Wed 28 Aug 2019, 1:53 pm

I find most commercial cages like that really don't work well when it comes to supplies. I don't believe you would be able to fit another water bottle in there unless you can find a 4oz.

Is it possible for you to upgrade to a 10/20g tank? Those would work perfectly; they can fit a proper water bottle and a lot more enrichment. They're also easier to clean/get access into. You would have to purchase a wire mesh lid separately but they're not too pricey.

For now, I would use a small shallow dish as a water source. You'd have to replace the water a few times a day but it should get your mouse through until you can upgrade.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 28 Aug 2019, 3:56 pm

I second the tank upgrade. I’m not familiar with these cages but a quick search tells me their largest outside measurements are 19 x 12 inches, so the actual livable inside floor space is probably a lot smaller. A 20 gallon tank (30 x 12 inches) or larger would be more suitable. I know that wasn’t your question though. Wink

As for the water bottle. The ones that come with these cages are usually very cheaply made and break easily. You’ll probably need to replace it. I personally prefer the cheaper plastic water bottles. I know some prefer glass bottles but I’ve just had really bad luck with them not dispensing water properly and would rather not risk it again. This one, this one, and this one have all worked great for me, though I prefer the Walmart one to be honest. You could probably hook it through the outside of the cage. I also really love this little guy.

In the meantime, a small dish would hold you over until you can buy a new bottle but as said above, keep in mind it will need very frequent washing/refilling.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Mouse water bottle Empty Thanks for the help

Post by MyMouseAndMe Wed 28 Aug 2019, 5:09 pm

I figured I would have to get a new one, and thanks for the advice on a larger tank.
MyMouseAndMe
MyMouseAndMe

Aries Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down