Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kennel Cough

3 posters

Go down

Kennel Cough Empty Kennel Cough

Post by peas Mon 24 Oct 2016, 6:15 pm

My dog most likely has Kennel Cough. Can mice get it from my dog?

I found some information on rats but it wasn't clear, some people saying rats can and others saying they can't, both vets and researchers.

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Kennel Cough Empty Re: Kennel Cough

Post by goldfishfanforever Tue 25 Oct 2016, 5:49 pm

peas wrote:
My dog most likely has Kennel Cough.   Can mice get it from my dog?

I found some information on rats but it wasn't clear, some people saying rats can and others saying they can't, both vets and researchers.  

I'm not certain if they can but to be on the safe side just try and keep your mice away in case it can be passed to mice Smile
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by peas Tue 25 Oct 2016, 7:24 pm

Yeah apparently they can as she's sick this morning.  I found her sleeping in the corner of her tank, something she never ever does and when i woke her up she gave a few coughing like motions as she sniffed the air.

It's either really crazy timing that she gets sick the same time as the dog or she got it from him/me.

Apparently squirrels and rats can get it, so i imagine mice must likely not be immune.

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 25 Oct 2016, 8:18 pm

I found this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.criver.com/files/pdfs/infectious-agents/rm_ld_r_bordetella_bronchiseptica.aspx&ved=0ahUKEwiLsZePoffPAhVB1mMKHUctDH4QFggeMAA&usg=AFQjCNHa_Gj85ZFAgt3SaknNBPTMTF4WPQ.  

But I think there are other things that can cause kennel cough too? Not just this bacteria. Definitely call your Vet.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down