Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can I feed to fight diarrhea?

4 posters

Go down

What can I feed to fight diarrhea? Empty What can I feed to fight diarrhea?

Post by Misha_usa Wed 26 Oct 2016, 2:29 pm

Nimh has been making "softer" poop these days, and today I'd totally say he has something alike diarrhea.
Excuseme for the details (?) but his poop got much more softer (not liquid, but quite) and a softer shade of brown too. While it was dark brown and quickly hardening before, now it's more red-tinged... not really red, I mean: there doesn't seem to be blood, but its shade is more reddish, if you know what I mean.

I've been feeding him a hamster/rat seeds&so popurri, taking sunflower seeds off, and mixing it with peeled apple bits, pine nuts, almonds, and some other nuts... I wonder if there is something I could feed him to help "solve his poop's state"? Kinda like when people had tummy issues and get boiled rice... not sure if that one whould be good for him either.

I have the sensation I'm always here talking about Censored.. xD
Misha_usa
Misha_usa
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Sluggish

Back to top Go down

What can I feed to fight diarrhea? Empty Re: What can I feed to fight diarrhea?

Post by CanadianExport Wed 26 Oct 2016, 3:30 pm

Have you recently changed his food? If you have added anything new it could have upset his tummy and cause softer poops. If the apple is fresh that could be why his poop is softer as there is a high water content and if he is getting a lot of it could be again causing his poops to soften. Maybe stop feeding the fresh fruit for now and see if that helps.
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 26 Oct 2016, 3:52 pm

Plain oats should help with the diarrhea. Make sure he stays hydrated.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 27 Oct 2016, 6:55 pm

You also want to stop feeding almonds as the small amount of cyanide they contain is harmful to most animals, including rodents.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha_usa Thu 03 Nov 2016, 3:32 pm

MesaMouse wrote:You also want to stop feeding almonds as the small amount of cyanide they contain is harmful to most animals, including rodents.
I haven't been givint him any lately but I didn't knew that either. Thanks a lot for the info MesaMouse, I'll totally pass on those then Smile

Misha_usa
Misha_usa
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down