Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible diarrhea?

2 posters

Go down

Possible diarrhea? Empty Possible diarrhea?

Post by L0rd-sesshomaru Sun 16 Aug 2020, 2:34 pm

Hi all,

My Hemmy woke up from his sleep to drink some water and eat some food. One of his poos were pretty watery. Could it be because we’ve given him more Frozen veggies & snacks than usual? He usually only gets veggies/snacks once or twice a week but because of the heat we’ve been given him more frozen veggies to snack on. The room is cool and he was on his wheel, so I don’t think he’s dehydrated. We decided to cut back on the frozen foods for now. Would oats help since they have fiber? Can I give him a little of pedialyte when he wakes up to help himself stay hydrated? Please let me know your thoughts Smile it was only one poo, but I get very anxious so I wanna take as many precautionary measures now.

Thanks all! Hemmy went to the vet maybe 2 weeks ago for a check up since our vet is going on medical leave for a little. She said he’s extremely healthy, eating good, great weight and shiny coat. Hoping this medical background can help cancel anything out? Thank you Heart
L0rd-sesshomaru
L0rd-sesshomaru

Back to top Go down

Possible diarrhea? Empty Re: Possible diarrhea?

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Sun 16 Aug 2020, 3:48 pm

Yes, changing up the usual meal plan can upset the little tummy. But I don't think what you're doing should cause a serious gastrointestinal issue. Just cut back some on the extra veggies and continue with Hemmy's normal food. The AC is probably keeping him cool enough, but you can always put a few kibbles in the fridge for a while before serving, if you want him to have a cool treat without changing food too much. You can also try chilling some water for him, maybe serving it in a separate bowl rather than his bottle to see what he thinks of it. Oats are good for a healthy treat, but I'm not sure whether they would help or hinder a runny gut problem -- it has to do with whether the fiber is soluble or insoluble.

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by L0rd-sesshomaru Sun 16 Aug 2020, 5:56 pm

Thank you so much Heart This puts me at ease. He’s asleep right now so I’ll be monitoring his poo later tonight when he’s up. He’s gonna be so mad at us for cutting back on his frozen peas!! Ah that sounds good! I appreciate all the advice. We recently put an additional water bowl but he loves kicking his Aspen on it lol! But he def enjoys getting water from it before he covers it Smile

And makes sense about that Oats. We’ll definitely get him back to less snacks and more of his pellets Smile
L0rd-sesshomaru
L0rd-sesshomaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down