Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video: Lilac meets the girls

+3
Peachy
MouseLover
AnonymousMouseOwner
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Video: Lilac meets the girls Empty Video: Lilac meets the girls

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 20 Nov 2016, 6:51 pm

Here it is! Just a warning, Blossom does almost bite Lilac in this video and it looks pretty scary, but don't worry, she wasn't harmed Smile. This is a perfect demonstration of what to expect and be ready for when introducing mice for the first time. They are all sleeping happily in their nest now Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Video: Lilac meets the girls Empty Re: Video: Lilac meets the girls

Post by MouseLover Sun 20 Nov 2016, 7:22 pm

Poor little Lilac trying to hide under the saucer wheel, bless her. Glad things are going smoothly now Smile My five still squabble a little sometimes!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 20 Nov 2016, 8:24 pm

Blossom was being a little nuts! Laughing Glad they're doing alright now.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 20 Nov 2016, 8:41 pm

Great video. I love how you replayed some of their actions in slow motion. Very interesting to see it all and glad it worked out. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 20 Nov 2016, 11:35 pm

I checked on them right now and noticed Blossom being violent again lol. I was pretty sure it was because of the wheel. I took out the wheel and the fighting stopped. Blossom is obsessed with that wheel, I guess she'll do anything to make it hers and only hers. She never gives the others a chance on it. She runs on it like 24/7. Any thoughts on when I should finish putting the wheel on "time out"?

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 20 Nov 2016, 11:43 pm

I'd give it a few days to a week... or however long it takes Blossom to calm down and adjust to having Lilac around.
It's funny how they claim stuff as theirs! I had a girl who guarded and drew blood over an igloo. lol
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 20 Nov 2016, 11:51 pm

Ok, thanks! She's like looking everywhere for her wheel lol. She doesn't know what to do now that she can't run on her wheel all night Laughing

Over an igloo??? Lol! Mice are so funny Laughing

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 21 Nov 2016, 12:01 am

My little Olivia is pitching a huge fit when anyone comes near the wheel. She lived alone for a long time and doesn't know how to share!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Mon 21 Nov 2016, 11:41 am

Watching your video brought back introducing the duo (Cordelia and Tara) to the trio (Anya, Buffy and Willow) a couple of years ago. Anya had recently ousted Buffy as the alpha and ruled the tank with a tiny iron fist. She immediately charged the newcomers in neutral territory. Cordelia did the standard sitting up-paws up nose to the sky-I know you're in charge routine a few times and was then pretty much left alone but poor Tara! Anya was relentless in running at her, pushing her (luckily no biting), crowding her away from the food bowl and barring her from the nest. Anxious to curry favor with the new boss, Buffy and Willow followed her lead so Tara had only her original sister, Cordelia, to comfort her. For a good week or more, Tara essentially lived alone while in the 20L with the other four and Cordelia taking advantage of the others sleeping to come out and visit with her. Oddly enough, when things finally settled down, Anya adopted Tara as her BFF but, until her dying day, Tara usually slept alone, out in the open, by choice. You're lucky that only Blossom was aggressive towards Lilac, the others making up their own minds that she was an okay addition to the colony.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Mon 21 Nov 2016, 11:52 am

I wonder if swapping to a different wheel might make Blossom less territorial? Or give two wheels? Just suggestions as I have almost no experience with that. I hope everything continues to go smoothly!
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 21 Nov 2016, 3:42 pm

Well, apparently Blossom's wheel obsession was the problem! Thanks for all the advice.

CanadianExport, I was thinking of putting two wheels in. However, I only have a saucer wheel and a mesh wheel, and they look totally different so I'm not sure that would help with the fighting Pardon

Here's what I saw this morning Love :

Video: Lilac meets the girls Mice_010
Video: Lilac meets the girls Mice_014
Video: Lilac meets the girls Mice_016
Video: Lilac meets the girls Mice_011
Video: Lilac meets the girls Mice_012
Video: Lilac meets the girls Mice_013
Video: Lilac meets the girls Mice_017
Video: Lilac meets the girls Mice_015

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Mon 21 Nov 2016, 4:00 pm

I am happy that taking the wheel out helped blossom accept Lilac! Those pics are so cute!
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 21 Nov 2016, 4:32 pm

So cute! Love the third pic!!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 21 Nov 2016, 8:16 pm

I'm glad Blossom is learning to like the new girl. Smile I like that 3rd picture too. Very cute!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 24 Nov 2016, 12:00 pm

Well, the wheel is back in and everyone's doing ok. Blossom was kind enough to share her wheel with Lilac. And Lilac keeps running on the wheel and spinning herself around on it until she gets dizzy Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next