Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you give and/or receive for the holidays?

+3
scaredymouse
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
7 posters

Go down

What did you give and/or receive for the holidays? Empty What did you give and/or receive for the holidays?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 23 Dec 2016, 2:50 am

Did anyone receive any interesting gifts for the holidays? How about give any interesting gifts? If you feel like describing or sharing some pics of what you gave or received, this is the place to do it! Seems like this could be a fun thread...

We celebrated early, I will upload some pictures of a few interesting/neat gifts I received, soon! I received lots of neat things for the mice!

My dog got a new dog bed as her present, no more sleeping on a blanket on the floor! She is very happy and has been in her new bed all evening Razz

What did you give and/or receive for the holidays? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

What did you give and/or receive for the holidays? Empty Re: What did you give and/or receive for the holidays?

Post by CallaLily Fri 23 Dec 2016, 9:16 am

I did receive one gift early. A new coffee maker. My husband knew I wanted a better model so he picked one up to give to me on Christmas, but then my old one died so he gave it to me early.

As for giving, we picked up a few things for our children.  Pretty much stuff they asked for - clothes, games, movies, stuff for their guitar/ukulele, etc.  A couple toys for the very youngest in our families (great nieces and nephews), a movie basket (popcorn bucket, movies, and popcorn) for two of my nephews that are still young enough that I worried they may feel a little sad to see their brand new nephew getting something from us and not them, and homemade cookies for everyone else. I have a large family and we all agreed many years ago to stop exchanging gifts.  We usually do exchange with my husband's, smaller family but they're getting baskets of cookies this year too.

Our pets will be getting homemade treats too.

Edit: Yesterday I received some money, an owl Scentsy burner, some raspberry scented wax, and a cranberry scented owl ornament from my dad and his girlfriend, and a lovely card from one of my sisters. Today I got to see one of my sisters that I rarely see! I consider that a present, even if I did have to lore her over with cookies. Laughing I think this is the first Christmas I've got to see her in at least 5 years. And a gift card and homemade owl pillow from my sister-in-law and her granddaughter. Hope everyone else is having a wonderful holiday!

Last edited by CallaLily on Sun 25 Dec 2016, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

What did you give and/or receive for the holidays? Empty Re: What did you give and/or receive for the holidays?

Post by scaredymouse Fri 23 Dec 2016, 2:49 pm

I'm going to try a new treat for us. I'm going to make half for me... Then add the critter stuff and bake the rest. They are cookies.... The only ingredients are 1c oats, 1c applesauce, 1 banana. So then I'll just split that in half and probably put in cinnamon and raisins in mine. Then for the critters, add flaxseed, nuts, and coconut.

Other than that, there aren't many presents coming or going this year. Money is tight this year, good thing the critters love DIY so much ❤

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 23 Dec 2016, 4:11 pm

I received these adorable clay mice figures, and I love them soooo much!
What did you give and/or receive for the holidays? Christ13

What did you give and/or receive for the holidays? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 23 Dec 2016, 6:14 pm

Cute Love
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Fri 23 Dec 2016, 10:11 pm

The critters are all getting prezzies: Bochy is getting the scratching post/hammock unit and a feathery catnip bird (as well as more cans of her million dollar food); Imogene is getting that cute bird toy I posted in another thread, 2 Whimzee sticks and a jar of Flukers freeze-dried mealworms, crickets and grasshoppers that she'll share with the hermit crabs; the crabs will receive a new large cuttlebone and a share in the freeze-dried insects.

The one friend with whom I exchange gifts, although younger than me, is also at the stage of life where "practical stuff" is more desirable than "ooh, what a fun gift (but what will I do with it?)" stuff. She'll receive a 16-pack of AA batteries, a large can of Chock Full O' Nuts coffee + a pack of filters, a 12 pack of Cottonelle Ultra ComfortTP (only the good stuff Laughing ), a snarky T-shirt I found at Goodwill, a small leather change purse with a bass clef on it (she plays string bass in a local symphony orchestra) and decorated jar containing a mix of dry-roasted peanuts, plain and peanut butter M&Ms.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by essentiallysue Fri 23 Dec 2016, 10:40 pm

Last year, I received the Kay Jewelers ring "two diamonds, one for my love and one for my best friend" (know which one I mean?). This year, he gave me the matching band ring to go with it.

essentiallysue
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 24 Dec 2016, 12:11 am

I got a blanket, socks, and hair ties from my parents. Evan got socks, pajamas, and a phone speaker thingy. Our shared gift was a Keurig machine and Mr and Mrs pillows. lol Evan and I always wait to exchange gifts until February. Razz

We got the baby a pull dog toy, a train with blocks, and some clothes. We got my mom a picture frame set and my dad wanted "anything camping" so we got him special camping toilet paper... and a Broncos jacket. Evan's parents got a big TV and a stand with cute little wicker baskets.

My pets didn't get anything special. Maybe next year. Pardon
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 24 Dec 2016, 7:32 am

Those mice are so cute! I loved reading about what everyone got/gave. Fun thread!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 27 Dec 2016, 1:14 pm

My husband surprised me with these today. Woohoo after Christmas sales!  Tree Dancing hat

What did you give and/or receive for the holidays? 20161216
The big mouse is called Mac, the little mouse in the stocking is Bundles....and I'm sure you all know Jack, the Pumpkin King. Laugh

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 27 Dec 2016, 3:04 pm

I haven't gotten my gifts yet, as my family went on vacation for Christmas, but when we get home tomorrow I'm getting two things: an art tablet and a portable tea brewer. I wasn't going to ask for anything, but I decided to get a tablet to help out more with a webcomic project I'm a part of. And tea brewer for obvious reasons. :3 I don't really give gifts and I try not to receive them, but a couple of people managed to slip my defenses and give me some really awesome stuff, so I'm gonna make them amigurumi.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down