Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much to feed?

3 posters

Go down

How much to feed? Empty How much to feed?

Post by AllThingsGeeky Fri 24 Mar 2017, 6:08 pm

How much do you feed your mice? I plan on getting a trio, and was wondering how much to put in their dish without much waste. One teaspoon per mouse? One tablespoon per mouse? I plan on feeding Brown's Tropical Carnival, and my mice are going to be feeder mice/an untracked line. Thanks!
AllThingsGeeky
AllThingsGeeky
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius Procrastinating

Back to top Go down

How much to feed? Empty Re: How much to feed?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 24 Mar 2017, 8:30 pm

Mice should always have food available. They eat a lot. Much more than you probably think. Just check the seeds in the bowl and see if most of them are empty, and all the things in the food that don't leave shells, like dried fruits, should be gone. That's when you want to refill it, because there's basically nothing left except maybe a few seeds.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 24 Mar 2017, 9:40 pm

I put in about a 1/5 cup sized scoop and refill once they've eaten most of it. For me, with a group of 3 mice, that was about once every other day. Now that I have a group of 6, I'm needing to refill daily so far.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down