Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How often can I feed this?

3 posters

Go down

How often can I feed this? Empty How often can I feed this?

Post by MooMouse Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:36 pm

I recently emailed the Sunseed Vita company reviewing some of their products that I give my mouse and guinea pig, and they were kind enough to send me a sample of their Harvest Tidbits! Rogue seems to really enjoy them, but I don't know what is a good basis to feed them to him on. Here is the guaranteed analysis and ingredients:

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (min) 9%
Crude Fat (min) 4%
Crude Fiber (min) 3% (max) 8%
Moisture (max) 13%

Ingredients: Steamed Rolled Oats, Oat Groats, Heat-Processed Barley, Dehydrated Carrots, Wheat, Flax Seed, Puffed Wheat, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Dehydrated Celery, Dehydrated Spinach, Cellulose Gum, Gum Acacia, Dehydrated Apple, Dehydrated Parsley.

I only feed him about 1/4 of a biscuit at a time because they are quite large. He eats food with 13% crude protein and has 1 meal worm once a week and vegetables twice a week. Any suggestions concerning this matter would be great Smile

Thank you!
MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

How often can I feed this? Empty Re: How often can I feed this?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:42 pm

Ooh, cool that they sent you something too! Smile I'm really not sure about how often to feed him the treat, but I would say not often because of the added sugars and corn syrup.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:49 pm

How nice!  I would say up to a few times a week. The sugar and corn syrup seem far enough down the ingredient list that it makes me think there's not a whole lot of either (especially with you only giving 1/4 of a biscuit at a time).  But if you're really concerned it may be too much, then around once a week can't hurt. Always nice to hear of a treat with (mostly) great ingredients. Cookie

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:53 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Ooh, cool that they sent you something too! Smile I'm really not sure about how often to feed him the treat, but I would say not often because of the added sugars and corn syrup.

Yes, and they also seemed happy to receive good news at customer service. The email literally said "We are happy to hear a positive note, as the Customer Service department does not often hear the good comments from our customers". I also "snail-mailed" Kaytee, and they sent me a coupon for 5lbs. of any product free! Im going to use that to purchase hay for my guinea pig next time I need it, I always buy Kaytee hay. Kaytee also seemed to really appreciate my review, which was nice Smile Thanks again to Kaytee and Sunseed Vita for being so kind!

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:56 pm

CallaLily wrote:How nice!  I would say up to a few times a week. The sugar and corn syrup seem far enough down the ingredient list that it makes me think there's not a whole lot of either (especially with you only giving 1/4 of a biscuit at a time).  But if you're really concerned it may be too much, then around once a week can't hurt. Always nice to hear of a treat with (mostly) great ingredients. Cookie

Once a week sounds good to me, especially since he is already getting veggies and mealworms. I'll substitute his normal helping of cheerios and oats on one day for that.

I really enjoy the fact that it has a limited amount of sugar, and no sunflower seeds or raisins! I would definitely recommend them to another small animal owner.
MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:00 pm

Awesome! How nice of those companies! Very Happy

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down