Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New mouse troubles

2 posters

Go down

New mouse troubles Empty New mouse troubles

Post by Sigildoe Sun 09 Apr 2017, 12:33 am

I should be sleeping so I have lots of energy to celebrate my birthday in the morning but my mice are keeping me up. And it's not the wheel.
So of course I am leaving my girls to settle but I'm a little worried after hearing some squeaking. Pretty loud squeeking.
When I brought Riki tiki and tavi home, tiki and tavi curled up together while Riki explored the travel cage. She is clearly a bundle of energy and adores the saucer wheel.
Now as she's playing she will run on the wheel then lap around the habitat. When she passes by Tiki's nesting area under a hide, tiki will squeak loudly and angrily. She hasn't attacked Riki as far as I've seen yet but I am worried it make come to that...
Is it stress from being somewhere new, is she having a harder time settling in? What can I do to help? Thanks for all your help too guys.
Sigildoe
Sigildoe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Pokemaster

Back to top Go down

New mouse troubles Empty Re: New mouse troubles

Post by scaredymouse Sun 09 Apr 2017, 12:51 am

Just like young, human sisters will scream at each other and pull each others hair and chase each other... So do mice. It's not uncommon. I remember when I first got mice, I was surprised at how much noise they made! So much squeaking! Most of the time, it's playful fighting. Sometimes they make happy squeaks too, like when they are being groomed. I wouldn't worry. As we say around here...no blood? No problem! You might even see them tackle and tumble around.. That's fine too as long as there's no blood.

If there is blood, it's not the end of the world. We can help you navigate through that as well.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigildoe Sun 09 Apr 2017, 12:54 am

Thank you so much. That does help ease my anxiety a lot. Riki and Tiki seem completely different already so it makes sense that they can get on each other's nerves (as someone with siblings I get that lol)
Sigildoe
Sigildoe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Pokemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 09 Apr 2017, 1:02 am

They can be jerks to each other, I hate it. Of course, human rules don't apply though. They have their reasons for doing things, most often it has to do with establishing hierarchy. It easy to look at things they do and think they are being mean like when they take food from each other or when a big mouse beats up a little mouse... But then 10 minutes later they are all snuggled up together. So try not to read too much into it.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down