Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this dog food safe for mice?

2 posters

Go down

Is this dog food safe for mice? Empty Is this dog food safe for mice?

Post by MooMouse Wed 19 Apr 2017, 6:49 am

Hello, I have a coupon for a free bag of this food from Petco and I was wondering if someone could take a look at the ingredient list and see if it is safe for me to give to my mice. I think that all of the vegetables and actual foods in it are safe but I'm concerned about the preservatives and chemical-sounding names at the end. Thank you!

Chicken, Chicken Meal, Split Peas, Whole Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Barley, Lamb Meal, Whole Grain Oatmeal, Rice Bran, Dried Sweet Potato, Natural Flavor, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Dried Apples, Dried Blueberries, Dried Carrots, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid (preservatives), Zinc Sulfate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Inositol, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, Marigold Extract, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Selenium Yeast, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Rosemary Extract.

Also, is there a certain way to determine if a specific kind of dog food is safe? I'd like to know how to figure it out myself, if possible Smile

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Is this dog food safe for mice? Empty Re: Is this dog food safe for mice?

Post by CallaLily Wed 19 Apr 2017, 8:25 am

A lot of those chemical-sounding names towards the end are just vitamins and minerals. I don't see anything unsafe, though I imagine it's very high in crude protein.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:54 pm

CallaLily wrote:A lot of those chemical-sounding names towards the end are just vitamins and minerals. I don't see anything unsafe, though I imagine it's very high in crude protein.

Ok cool, thanks CallaLilly! It has 22% protein, so I figure that I can occasionally substitute their weekly mealworms/grubs with this Very Happy

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:56 pm

Yes, that sounds good.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down