Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safe Baby Food Flavors?

2 posters

Go down

Safe Baby Food Flavors? Empty Safe Baby Food Flavors?

Post by River Sat 08 Sep 2018, 1:39 pm

All in the title -- thanks in advance!!

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Safe Baby Food Flavors? Empty Re: Safe Baby Food Flavors?

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Sat 08 Sep 2018, 3:36 pm

Nothing absolute, just a few notes:
(1) Probably all cereal powders are OK. I usually bought multi-grain for the possibility of a wider taste and nutrition profile. It was supplemented with vitamins and minerals. Plain barley turned out sticky and April wouldn't eat it. The porridge can be made hot or cold, thin or thick, with de-chemicalized water, juice, or other foods. I even crumbled up freeze-dried mini-shrimps into the porridge once in a while. A dot of honey or maple syrup can be added to the plain, too, for taste.
(2) Mixed green vegetables (nothing else added in) should be OK as well, and can be mixed cold with the cereal powder to make either porridge or treat balls.
(3) I'd offer the orange vegetables (sweet potatoes, carrots, squash) sparingly, so as not to overdose on Vitamin A. It is possible for humans to take in too much Vitamin A, and I do not know if the same is true for mousies, so I just played it safe.
(4) Pureed apricots or peaches should be fine. Bananas would be healthy, but I personally don't care for the baby food version.

Always compare ingredients to the list of mouse-safe foods, and don't buy anything that has something that you know is definitely not safe. If you end up buying something that mousie does not like, don't worry about eating it yourself. The vegetable purees actually mix nicely into vegetable soups or stews, the fruit purees are great in yogurt (that's how I make prune yogurt, actually!).

Just follow common sense in choosing, and let mousie try several things to find out what she will eat.

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down