Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess what i got tonight!!!

+4
PastelMouse
scaredymouse
MooMouse
Rodents rock!
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guess what i got tonight!!! Empty Guess what i got tonight!!!

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 20 Apr 2017, 9:49 pm

Hi everyone,
So, I was going to get a Syrian, but when I went to PetSmart tonight I fell in love with a Winter White! He is adorable! He is now getting settled into his new house. It's not totally done yet as I ordered a few more things from Amazon that should be here Saturday. But for now he has everything he needs. His name is Cameron, Cam for short. Here is a photo of Cam popping his head out from tunneling and a photo of his house so far.

Guess what i got tonight!!! Win_2014

Guess what i got tonight!!! Win_2015
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Guess what i got tonight!!! Empty Re: Guess what i got tonight!!!

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 20 Apr 2017, 9:54 pm

I think I should have posted this in member's lounge since it's not about mice. Could this be moved there? Thanks!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Thu 20 Apr 2017, 9:58 pm

Squee!! He's adorable!! Be sure to post more pics soon! And also I love the flamingo hide Laughing

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 20 Apr 2017, 10:11 pm

MooMouse wrote:Squee!! He's adorable!! Be sure to post more pics soon! And also I love the flamingo hide Laughing

Thanks MooMouse! I will definitely get more pics to share. I knew ahead of time that my next hamster was going to be named Cam, so I had already ordered a personalized bowl to use for sand baths. It's a ceramic bowl with flamingos on it and inside an oval says Cam. Hope it arrives soon! I also ordered some duck tape with flamingos on it which I will use to decorate some of the outside of his bin. The flamingo hide I got at World Market in the kitchen section, as it had a scrubber in it.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 21 Apr 2017, 8:16 am

the same thing happened to me the first time I tried to get a Syrian! I came home with a beautiful little dwarf hammie. She just kept jumping around and pawing at the glass, I couldn't see anything but her.

Have fun with your little dorf!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by PastelMouse Fri 21 Apr 2017, 9:22 am

He's adorable, the cage looks very nice! I saw that flamingo at World Market and was debating getting it, now that I know it's a decent size I think I will. I hope that he settles in well. I'm sure he's excited to have a better home and care. I love WW too, do you think he'll change colors where you live?

Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 21 Apr 2017, 9:32 am

Cute! I love the first picture with the piece of bedding on his head. How goofy.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 21 Apr 2017, 2:47 pm

Thanks everyone! Very Happy Cam was very active last night running around his bin exploring and running on his wheel. I can't wait till the rest of his stuff arrives tomorrow, I want him to have lots to do to keep him happy! He actually just got up and ate some millet and now he is getting a drink of water. I'm letting him settle in for a few days before I start interacting with him. But I have been talking to him so he gets used to my voice. I've read that the Winter Whites don't always change color in captivity since the temp stays pretty steady, but we shall see.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 22 Apr 2017, 11:26 pm

I wanted to update you all on Cam, he is doing great! He doesn't seem fearful at all and is very curious when I'm talking to him. He will sit up and look up at me. So since he didn't seem fearful I handed him two pieces of food today and he gently took the food from me. So I'm very pleased. His two story house arrived today along with his Chinchilla sand which I put in his personalized bowl that also arrived. Cam did get in his sand bowl and dug around a bit but didn't roll around yet. He is such a beautiful hamster and I'm happy he is here. Very Happy I will try to get more photos tomorrow.

Oh, and the pink flamingo duck tape I ordered arrived today, so I will be able to decorate the outside of his bin!

One more thing I'm waiting to arrive is a wooden cheese shaped toy to run through, should arrive tomorrow.
Cam is definitely a spoiled little man!!!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 23 Apr 2017, 8:10 am

He's cute! Congrats

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by PastelMouse Sun 23 Apr 2017, 10:35 am

That's awesome! Great to hear about ham's that are sweet as soon as you get them. I got Tilly some of these baby puffs to help bond, she eats them out of my hands. You can get them at Target, they're cheap but a tasty treat with less sugar than petstore ones. Razz

http://www.target.com/p/happy-baby-happy-puffs-organic-sweet-potato-2-1-oz/-/A-14782737

Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 23 Apr 2017, 11:30 am

PastelMouse wrote:That's awesome! Great to hear about ham's that are sweet as soon as you get them. I got Tilly some of these baby puffs to help bond, she eats them out of my hands. You can get them at Target, they're cheap but a tasty treat with less sugar than petstore ones. Razz

http://www.target.com/p/happy-baby-happy-puffs-organic-sweet-potato-2-1-oz/-/A-14782737

Thanks Pastel, I will have to get some of those. Very Happy

Edit: I got some of them, two different flavors. Cam likes them! He took one from my hand.
I gave a few to Mickey last night too and he didn't like them at all LOL
I will have to see if Pup likes them. Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:04 pm

I have a hamster question I'm hoping some one can answer for me. Can I give some of the Parakeet food to my hamster, that I give my mouse? I'm thinking it would be okay, so he would have a bit more variety, but I wanted to make sure first. Thanks!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by PastelMouse Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:08 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:I have a hamster question I'm hoping some one can answer for me. Can I give some of the Parakeet food to my hamster, that I give my mouse? I'm thinking it would be okay, so he would have a bit more variety, but I wanted to make sure first. Thanks!

As a base I would say check all the ingredients for safety first, but if you could post the specific food I can see what I can find out about it.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Post by River Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:12 pm

The protein on Vitasmart parakeet is too low for a hamster if you consider it for a whole diet. Adding to your current mix might alter the protein and fat at a level you can't calculate...as a treat it should work. Correct me if I'm wrong, though! I am less experienced in hamsters than others here.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next