Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does this sound like a good option?

2 posters

Go down

Does this sound like a good option? Empty Does this sound like a good option?

Post by PastelMouse Mon 24 Apr 2017, 9:26 pm

Ah yes, more questions.

Although I originally wanted a 10 gallon with 1 buck, I think 3 females would be best for me. I want mice that are mostly observational pets, and don't stink too bad.

For 3 females is a 10 gallon with 1 8" mesh wheel a good setup? Although I have seen people say it's ok, I still worry that space isn't large enough? And will I have issues only using 1 wheel? I would probably get a 20 long eventually, maybe a few months after initial adoption. Should I just get the 20 long to start with? Also is a weekly bedding change suitable? (So many questions. Confused )

Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Does this sound like a good option? Empty Re: Does this sound like a good option?

Post by Peachy Mon 24 Apr 2017, 10:19 pm

A 10 gallon is fine for a trio... a 20 gallon will be okay, too. If I only wanted to buy one tank, I would go with a 20 gallon. But a 10 gallon wouldn't be bad to have on hand just in case. You may find that you need it for quarantine, emergencies, time-outs, etc.

One mesh wheel will work too. My girls either take turns on their wheels or they learn to run together. Actually, even when I offer more than one, they like to all pile onto the same one anyway!

Weekly cleanings are perfect. This page has more information about when, what, and how. https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t36-cleaning-odor-and-bedding
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down