Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House plants

+3
AnonymousMouseOwner
CallaLily
Rodents rock!
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

House plants Empty House plants

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:10 am

Hello, I discovered a couple of plant enthusiasts here, so I thought I would start a thread so we can talk about our plants and share photos! I'm huge into plants, have been ever since I was a kid. Here is a photo I just took this morning of one of my succulents that is currently blooming. I have two others that were blooming too, but I was too late to get photos as the flowers are done blooming. Darn. Anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing all your plants! Mouse Wave

House plants Win_2016

House plants Win_2017
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

House plants Empty Re: House plants

Post by CallaLily Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:16 am

Pretty!

I used to have quite a few succulents but slowly over the years the cats have managed to kill them. They just kept digging them up, knocking them over, chewing on them, etc. Sad

I've never been very good with most plants - even managing to kill several pothos, which I hear takes a special talent - but succulents I did pretty good with.  Well until the cats.

They just recently killed my thimble cactus, so I have one poor pitiful looking chin cactus left.

Here's a few old pics.

Chin cactus blooms
House plants Tempor12

Thimble cactus bloom. I know it looks pretty pathetic here.  Once she dropped her pups, she started to look much better - again until the cats. Cat19
House plants 11181210

Crown cactus
House plants 07261110

Snake plant
House plants 100_0810

Pachyveria glauca (sorry I don't remember the common name)
House plants 100_0710

Baby Toes
House plants 08271110

I have more pictures of other plants saved on photobucket but for whatever reason my app is only letting me see some of them. Stupid photobucket. If it starts acting right I'll maybe add some more.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 25 Apr 2017, 1:16 pm

Wow, Callalily, those are all beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! I'm impressed as I've never gotten a snake plant to bloom.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 25 Apr 2017, 2:52 pm

My dad loves cactus and air plants. I need to show him this later. I can share pictures of his cactus, but he has giant cactus, it isn't in little pots. Also, my mom has two little succulent gardens outside. I'll have to try to get some pics.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 25 Apr 2017, 3:12 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:My dad loves cactus and air plants. I need to show him this later. I can share pictures of his cactus, but he has giant cactus, it isn't in little pots. Also, my mom has two little succulent gardens outside. I'll have to try to get some pics.

Cool, looking forward to seeing the photos!
For some reason, I've never had luck with air plants. I always seem to kill them Sad
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 25 Apr 2017, 3:53 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:
AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:My dad loves cactus and air plants. I need to show him this later. I can share pictures of his cactus, but he has giant cactus, it isn't in little pots. Also, my mom has two little succulent gardens outside. I'll have to try to get some pics.

For some reason, I've never had luck with air plants. I always seem to kill them Sad
He has like 20 air plants Laughing

Believe it or not, he soaks them in a fish tank every week and that's where they get their water. Supposedly the fish water is good for them. They don't need watering like a regular plant, and they don't need soil, I thought that was interesting. They grow on trees in the wild. He had bad luck with them years ago, but just recently he tried again and they've been really healthy. He's got big ones, small ones, medium ones, and even an itty bitty baby one. Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 25 Apr 2017, 6:46 pm

House plants Img_4819
House plants Img_4820
House plants Img_4821
House plants Img_4823
House plants Img_4824
House plants Img_4822
House plants Img_4826
House plants Img_4828
House plants Img_4829
House plants Img_4825
House plants Img_4827
House plants Img_4910
House plants Img_4911
House plants Img_4918
House plants Img_4913
House plants Img_4912
House plants Img_4915
House plants Img_4916
House plants Img_4914
House plants Img_4919
House plants Img_4917
House plants Img_4920
House plants Img_4921

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 25 Apr 2017, 8:15 pm

Squee, such awesome in this thread! How tall is the plant in your first picture @AnonymousMouseOwner?

I loooove your picture of the thimble cactus, CallaLily. Heart Eyes

I found some pretty ones while shopping around for landscaping stuff (we're "remodeling" our backyard... it's more work than I thought it'd be, but hopefully worth it!), I hope I can bring home another one soon. When I was a kid my grandma had this huge indoor cactus, it seemed like every time I turned my back it would reach out and poke me. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by River Tue 25 Apr 2017, 8:26 pm

I need to get some pictures! I currently own a grafted cactus (Bowie) and six succulents (Mercury, Elton, Oz, Space Cowboy, The Gangster Of Love and Maurice.)

The last three are in a terrarium I picked up off of someone on Earth Day. Its a small jar terrarium, which is fine as they're still smaller than full potential but I'll upgrade soon. Repotting is a chore that for now can wait.

Anyways - pictures tomorrow.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 25 Apr 2017, 8:47 pm

Peachy wrote:Squee, such awesome in this thread! How tall is the plant in your first picture @AnonymousMouseOwner?
We estimate it at about 20 feet tall! It is called a century plant.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 25 Apr 2017, 8:54 pm

Wow!!! AnonymousMouseOwner, your dad has an awesome collection! And the air plants are wonderful! I never realized there were so many different types. Thanks so much for sharing! Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 25 Apr 2017, 8:57 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:
Rodents rock! wrote:

He has like 20 air plants Laughing

Believe it or not, he soaks them in a fish tank every week and that's where they get their water. Supposedly the fish water is good for them. They don't need watering like a regular plant, and they don't need soil, I thought that was interesting. They grow on trees in the wild. He had bad luck with them years ago, but just recently he tried again and they've been really healthy. He's got big ones, small ones, medium ones, and even an itty bitty baby one. Smile

That is cool about the fish tank water!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 30 Apr 2017, 1:47 pm

I was watering some of my plants this morning and thought that would be a good time for some photos. These are all succulents and one cactus.

House plants Win_2021

House plants Win_2022

House plants Win_2023

House plants Win_2026

House plants Win_2027

House plants Win_2030

House plants Win_2029

House plants Win_2028

House plants Win_2024

House plants Win_2025
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 30 Apr 2017, 2:48 pm

Ee, living stones? It was probably like 15 years ago, but I brought one home from summer camp and thought it was the coolest. Smile

Here are some of my plants..
A "Christmas tree" I bought in 2012. Didn't have an actual Christmas tree so I was excited for this little guy. He's so big now.  girl_sigh
House plants 70512211House plants 20170423

I used to wind these guys up neatly, but they've gone a little bonkers. Confused
House plants 20170424

House plants 20170426
House plants 20170427
House plants 20170428
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 30 Apr 2017, 3:34 pm

I planted this bleeding heart plant last year over where I buried Lucy, Penny, and Honeybun.  I wasn't sure if it would come back after our cold, snowy winter... Especially since I'm not great with exotic plants.  But her she is, back in all her splendor.  It seems like such a perfect plant to live there. The rest of that little patch of land has a variety of beautiful ferns and unusual plants.  I love that little spot in the yard ❤   Although, due to the high volume of pets that come through here, that patch of land is full and I have had to start another one and plan it better.  The theme of that patch odd land is fairy garden.  I like the decorate their resting place so that I can look at it and smile.  Anyway, enjoy my favorite plant!

House plants Adobep30

House plants Adobep31

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next