Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So how's life in Portugal (and my quest to get meecers)

4 posters

Go down

So how's life in Portugal (and my quest to get meecers)  Empty So how's life in Portugal (and my quest to get meecers)

Post by Windmilla Mon 16 May 2016, 1:34 pm

I've been walking and driving around Porto for some time now, and they have SO few pet stores and stuff!
I have yet to find a big one that sells mice here. I'm still searching!

And I have to deal with some people in my family who don't want me to have pets anymore. Sad
I have plenty of space for them in my room, and now I have not one, but two bathtubs to play with them in there (some people here might remember that I didn't have one in my apartment in Brazil and had some problem to get neutral spaces for introducing and playgrounds, etc)
My mom is worried that they would suffer with the cold weather (even though it's almost summer, our brazilian blood is making us go out with a bunch of layers on to fight off the -slightly- chilly weather here) but we do have heaters and stuff, and they'll be in my room, so.....

....But I think I just have to take them to a pet store that sells mice (or for some miracle find a breeder around) and rub their cuteness in my parents' faces. They can't handle the cute.

Also I just found out that Portuguese people don't call mice "camundongo" as we brazilians do, but they call them something like "sailor rats" LOL

Aside from all that, I'm enjoying life in Portugal. Everything's pretty and nice. But the light switches placement OUTSIDE of rooms, especially bathrooms: dude thats just bad planning! why do you do that, portuguese peopleeeeee

Windmilla
Windmilla
Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Happy

Back to top Go down

So how's life in Portugal (and my quest to get meecers)  Empty Re: So how's life in Portugal (and my quest to get meecers)

Post by MouseLover Mon 16 May 2016, 2:00 pm

Portuguese weather won't be too cold for mice... Portugal might not be as warm as Brazil but it is still a warm country. I live in England which is a million times colder than Portugal and my mice never have problems with the cold Very Happy

I have never seen mice for sale in pet shops in the UK, I don't know why. I usually have to find them through breeders or through websites where people advertise pets for sale. Maybe you can find a Portuguese website like that?

Good luck finding some sailor rats Razz

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

So how's life in Portugal (and my quest to get meecers)  Empty Re: So how's life in Portugal (and my quest to get meecers)

Post by Peachy Mon 16 May 2016, 2:39 pm

Lol! Sailor rats? I hope you'll be able to convince your family.

I'm glad you're enjoying Portugal! Light switches outside of the room actually sounds nice... You'd never have to walk into a dark room. Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Windmilla Mon 16 May 2016, 6:17 pm

abeona wrote: Light switches outside of the room actually sounds nice... You'd never have to walk into a dark room. Razz
But think about when you're there taking a bath or anything and your siblings/roommates/parents just troll you by turning the lights off??? And you have to go outside naked and soapy just to turn it back on!!!
My little sister has taken a liking to turning the lights off as soon as she hears me on the shower. ughhhh

ALSO GUYS I just found some mice in OLX listings... But it's all around Lisbon... And I'm in the other side of the country (which is not much haha just like 2.5 hours away) but I still hope to find some closer to me because the odds of my parents taking me to Lisbon to get mice are not very good. And I doubt they'd let me bring little rodents on the train lol
Windmilla
Windmilla
Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 18 May 2016, 5:44 pm

Windmilla wrote:But think about when you're there taking a bath or anything and your siblings/roommates/parents just troll you by turning the lights off??? And you have to go outside naked and soapy just to turn it back on!!
I must admit, I laughed reading this. I can totally imagine that!! Once I was at my cousin's house and the electricity went out (it was either typical South African power sharing or some work was getting done on their house), and we had to shower by phone light XD
I hope you can convince your parents! I know how hard that can be Rolling Eyes But at least they think they're cute. That's a score in your favor already Ear wiggle
Glad you're enjoying Portugal! Now I have to check your weather XD

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down