Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my new mice + variety identification?

+2
Rodents rock!
marxism-leninsm-mouseism
6 posters

Go down

my new mice + variety identification? Empty my new mice + variety identification?

Post by marxism-leninsm-mouseism Sat 20 May 2017, 1:53 pm

Hi! I'm a pretty new mouse owner and here are my first two mice, Zelda and Snowball. (Snowball is the fat one lol)
my new mice + variety identification? Tumblr_oq9jycHzl41uvi4bio3_540
my new mice + variety identification? Tumblr_oq9jycHzl41uvi4bio2_400 (snowball)
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what variety they are? they have curly whiskers if that helps!

I also brought home this lovely satin girl today:
my new mice + variety identification? DASiK15WAAAewVW
and she is absolutely beautiful! i love her! anyone know what color she is? I'm thinking splashed maybe?

sorry if this isn't the right place to post a question like this.
Rainbow Angel

marxism-leninsm-mouseism
marxism-leninsm-mouseism

Back to top Go down

my new mice + variety identification? Empty Re: my new mice + variety identification?

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 20 May 2017, 7:28 pm

I don't know about identifying all the different types of mice, but I just wanted to say how cute they all are! I'm sure the other members will be able to help you with identification. Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

my new mice + variety identification? Empty Re: my new mice + variety identification?

Post by CallaLily Sat 20 May 2017, 7:52 pm

Can you try for better light with the first two? Are they all white? It's hard for me to tell on my screen if what I'm seeing is color or shadowing.

The third girl is broken brindle.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 20 May 2017, 8:55 pm

I agree with CallaLily on the third one, broken brindle. The first two, just a guess, maybe beige? Do they look white like snow, or a sort of off white? Or they could be cream as well. I'm not very good at identifying colors, but there are some colors I can recognize right away Smile They are cute!

my new mice + variety identification? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 20 May 2017, 11:08 pm

Super cute girls! I love your brindle. Love

Curly whiskers are often due to a wavy/curly coat gene... though often times, if it's not specifically bred for, the curls won't hang around for adulthood. Where did you get these girls?
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 20 May 2017, 11:47 pm

Curly whiskers usually mean Rex, which typically comes with wavy fur although it tends to fade with age.

I agree, the third girl is broken brindle. Heads up, they also carry a gene that makes them prone to obesity. There isn't much you can do about it, just feed them their normal diet. But be aware if she suddenly gets fat, that's normal for that variety. I have a broken brindle who just suddenly got chunky. She went from a very normal 40g to 65g at about 6 months of age. I like a big ol squishy mouse though Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down