Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this a good mouse food?

2 posters

Go down

Is this a good mouse food? Empty Is this a good mouse food?

Post by ThePrairieNerd Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:38 pm

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard of or used Supreme Selective Fortified Diet for Rats? I was looking at it and it LOOKS pretty good.

http://www.petmountain.com/product/rat-mouse-food/11442-584984/supreme-selective-fortified-diet-for-rats.html

I'm currently feeding my boy Brown's Tropical Carnival Hamster mix and he keeps picking out the sunflower seeds and pretzels and leaving everything else (including the fresh veggies I also give him) in his bowl to go bad, so I'm a little concerned he's not getting the nutrition he needs.

I'm hoping by switching to a pellet food he will get a more balanced diet.

Thoughts?
ThePrairieNerd
ThePrairieNerd

Sagittarius Artistic

Back to top Go down

Is this a good mouse food? Empty Re: Is this a good mouse food?

Post by CallaLily Fri 11 Aug 2017, 4:21 pm

I use Supreme Science Selective mouse food alongside another biscuit food and a seed mix. My mice love it. It's usually the first thing to be eaten.

That said, feeding solely a pelleted food is very boring and lacks variety, which is very important in a healthy diet imo. Think about also switching to a healthier seed mix (there are a few other suggestions in the diet thread) to go with the biscuit. And remember there's no need to refill his dish until he eats most of it. I put about 1/4 cup in and refill around every other day.  That alone prevents the majority of selective feeding.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down