Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you like forums with a lot of members, or just a few?

+3
Soren
EverythingAnimal
Bandit Cat
7 posters

Go down

Do you like forums with a lot of members, or just a few? Empty Do you like forums with a lot of members, or just a few?

Post by Bandit Cat Tue 24 May 2016, 3:18 pm

Hi!
Like the title of this topic says, do you like forums with many members, or forums with just a few? I like the forums with just a few because you get to know everyone well, and the names of their pets, instead of just having somebody (who you don't know if they are telling the truth or not) randomly comment to your topic. Now, I'm not saying that I'll know everyone, or that members on bigger forums give out wrong info, I'm just saying that I prefer smaller forums.
Bandit Cat
Bandit Cat

Daring

Back to top Go down

Do you like forums with a lot of members, or just a few? Empty Re: Do you like forums with a lot of members, or just a few?

Post by EverythingAnimal Tue 24 May 2016, 5:10 pm

I'm the same way. With a lot of people, it's hard to really get to know everyone well, and know who you can trust and who you can not trust. The one good thing about new fourms is that you get to hear a variety of opinions and many questions have already been answered, but you don't get the same kind of responses specific to your situation.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Do you like forums with a lot of members, or just a few? Empty Re: Do you like forums with a lot of members, or just a few?

Post by Soren Tue 24 May 2016, 6:02 pm

Understanding each persons background with their animals and getting to know their methodology is definitely plus. It gives the forum a sense of community.

But more people means more backgrounds and expertise! Wealth of information available is greater!

But it can diminish that sense of community, if the sheer number of people waters down the personalities on the form. You can't really tell who's who, because there are simply too many users. It may be like yahoo/google answers, where random people post questions and answers. Which is useful... but may lack the sense community and shared interest.

So i would prefer fewer users Very Happy
Soren
Soren
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 24 May 2016, 6:31 pm

I don't mind either way as long as the members are helpful and friendly. Ease of use is a definite plus. I love forums that are organized so important articles on the subject are easy to find. And of course active!  I've seen forums with a decent number of members but hardly anyone posts or responds to questions anymore.  As far as truth, big or small, you can't really know for sure if what you're being told is correct or true. You have to combine their advice with your own research and your own good judgement (and where pets are concerned, the advice of a good vet).

Last edited by CallaLily on Tue 24 May 2016, 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Tue 24 May 2016, 6:34 pm

I like less because I can stay on top of all the posts Laughing Ths site is a great size, and I love how I pretty much know everyone Smile

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoBrill Thu 26 May 2016, 4:50 am

I like both.

Because, on one hand, if you have a lot of members your mistakes/stupid questions/etc gets swept away because there are so many people. Part of me likes that because I have anxiety and I am incredibly sensitive to what people think of me.

However, on the other hand, having few people is great because then you know everyone and your questions aren't answered with some cookie cutter answer because it's been asked tons of times before. It's a better experience, I would say.

So overall I would say I prefer a medium amount of members, but still on the smallish side. c:
SoBrill
SoBrill

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 26 May 2016, 5:48 am

I don't mind big forums, as lots of people discussing things can be really fun, but TFM and PMF have really made me love tiny forums. We're a real community! It's fun to get to know all of you and your mice. ^.^

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down