Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can mice eat chick feed?

5 posters

Go down

Is chick feed a good treat for mice?

Can mice eat chick feed?  Vote_lcap0%Can mice eat chick feed?  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Can mice eat chick feed?  Vote_lcap0%Can mice eat chick feed?  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Can mice eat chick feed?  Vote_lcap100%Can mice eat chick feed?  Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2
Back

Can mice eat chick feed?  Empty Can mice eat chick feed?

Post by Mice Are Cute Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:32 pm

I didn't think of the safety, and I gave both Biggy and Grayson a small crumb of chick feed crumble. They loved it! I am now wondering if it's safe for an occasional treat, because I've never bouget them treats, and I am a supporter of natural ingredients for treats, so I thought that the feed could make a good treat. Any thoughts?

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Can mice eat chick feed?  Empty Re: Can mice eat chick feed?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:41 pm

You would need to know what was in it to know if it was safe... What are the ingredients?

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 29 Sep 2017, 1:27 pm

What Anon said - would need to know the ingredients. Wink

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Fri 03 Nov 2017, 6:34 pm

I 'strongly' advise against it. Mice are not supposed to have food meant for other critters. I get wild mice may eat anything, but keep in mind,
your mice are NOT wild. I think giving mice foods meant for other critters can give them the runs, as I'd given my first mouse, Daniel (my avatar picture), a piece of hamster food one time...and I'm thinking it gave him the runs.. But then again, every once in a while, my mice will do an occasional runny poop, so, don't know for sure.
But a different one of my mice would help herself to my ferret's food, and my ferret has a high quality food with a high-protein percent (and I think chicken, especially chick, feed has an even higher percentage), and I think that killed her. She was a bit abnormal-looking, but then again, no one person looks alike, either; and she was super active, and one day I got home and later on, I looked in her cage, and she was lying there, dead. It was a big shocker for me, especially since I'd just recently lost Daniel (aka Danny) from a terrible circumstance.
Anyways, I don't think one piece will kill--or even hurt--your mice, but I don't advise you giving them anymore of that stuff. Maybe stick to fruits/greens/dry grain-like stuff? =)

Last edited by Blessed on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 03 Nov 2017, 8:47 pm

Blessed wrote:I 'strongly' advise against it. Mice are not supposed to have food meant for other critters. I get wild mice may eat anything, but keep in mind, [i]your[i] mice are NOT wild. I think giving mice foods meant for other critters can give them the runs, as I'd given my first mouse, Daniel (my avatar picture), a piece of hamster food...and I'm thinking it gave him the runs.. But then again, every once in a while, my mice will do an occasional runny poop, so, don't know for sure.
But a different one of my mice would help herself to my ferret's food, and my ferret has a high quality food with a high-protein percent (and I think chicken, especially chick, feed has an even higher percentage), and I think that killed her. She was a bit abnormal-looking, but then again, no one person looks alike, either; and she was super active, and one day I got home and later on, I looked in her cage, and she was lying there, dead. It was a big shocker for me, especially since I'd just recently lost Daniel (aka Danny) from a terrible circumstance.
Anyways, I don't think one piece will kill--or even hurt--your mice, but I don't advise you giving them anymore of that stuff. Maybe stick to fruits/greens/dry grain-like stuff? =)

Hi Blessed, I used to have a ferret years ago. His name was Otis. He was such an awesome boy and all these years later I still miss him. He was perfect. Love
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Fri 03 Nov 2017, 11:30 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:
Blessed wrote:I 'strongly' advise against it. Mice are not supposed to have food meant for other critters. I get wild mice may eat anything, but keep in mind, [i]your[i] mice are NOT wild. I think giving mice foods meant for other critters can give them the runs, as I'd given my first mouse, Daniel (my avatar picture), a piece of hamster food...and I'm thinking it gave him the runs.. But then again, every once in a while, my mice will do an occasional runny poop, so, don't know for sure.

Hi Blessed, I used to have a ferret years ago. His name was Otis. He was such an awesome boy and all these years later I still miss him. He was perfect. Love

Hi. =) Aw, I'm really sorry.

My ferret is a total sweetheart. My mom's...not so much (in my opinion). Smile

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 04 Nov 2017, 12:53 pm

Blessed wrote:
Rodents rock! wrote:

Can you share some photos of your ferret so I can see her?
I had my ferret, Otis, back when I was in my 20's and now I'm 52 and I still keep a photo of him in my living room. Love
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 04 Nov 2017, 1:01 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:
Blessed wrote:
Rodents rock! wrote:

I had my ferret, Otis, back when I was in my 20's and now I'm 52 and I still keep a photo of him in my living room. Love

Here is Otis, I took a photo of the photo so you could see him!

Can mice eat chick feed?  Mypc_w13

Can mice eat chick feed?  Mypc_w12
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Sat 04 Nov 2017, 5:30 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:

Certainly! Your Otis is beautiful, and so, so adorable! My mom would absolutely love him, as that's her favorite color on ferrets. I like males since they're bigger, but my mom said a flat-out no to a male, as she thinks they stink more. But I'm not certain on that. What do you think?
I also think it depends on the food, and how often or not you give them a bath (four times a year I think is sufficient), but both the ferrets have a high-quality food, and yet my ferret has a WAY stronger smell than my mom's ferret. My mom's fuzzy doesn't even smell too bad, but Grace, my ferret, at times has a highly offensive smell resembling a skunk, lol. =P But I love her anyways (just not her smell). And I'll make a different thread titled 'Ferrets' to share a picture, as I don't want to get off-topic here from Mice Are Cute's original post, lol.

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down