Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm back!

4 posters

Go down

I'm back! Empty I'm back!

Post by scaredymouse Wed 25 Oct 2017, 4:02 pm

I had a lot of fun on my vacation at the Pipsqueakery for Thankspookmas.  But it was a little bittersweet... one of the elderly hamsters I planned to bring home died before we left.  He was very old, at least 2 years old, and he lived a good life.  I just wish I could have given him some more good times.  We had a great day together, lots of snuggles and treats.  He even got some of my special peanut butter pie and he was so happy!  I only knew him for a day but I loved him so much already.  This is the only picture I have of him... he was such a sweet boy.  I decided to bring his body home to bury with my other little loves because after all, I promised him a forever home with me.

I'm back! Wp_20112

I brought home 3 other hamsters, Nina the Syrian, she's about 1 1/2 old and was passed over several times due to her age.  And I brought home a beautiful little dorf named Madame Mim, she's about a year old.  All of her cagemates passed away recently, so I think she might like some attention.  She's pretty mean though!  And a little dorf named Harold, he's old and has chronic fungal infection so he's missing most of the fur on his butt... he's adorable (I don't have a picture of this guy yet, but he's a regular brown dorf).

I'm back! Wp_20113
I'm back! Wp_20114

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

I'm back! Empty Re: I'm back!

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 25 Oct 2017, 5:24 pm

I saw the pics on Instagram, they are adorable! I hope they get to live a long time with you! You might be lucky and have a hamster that lives to be 3, you never know!

I'm sorry about the hammy that passed while you were there, he sure seemed like a sweet one. At least he got to be spoiled and loved on his final day.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 25 Oct 2017, 7:07 pm

Aww, I'm so sorry about the old man that passed before you could bring him home but I'm glad you got a day with him.

Congrats on the other 3 hams. That second one is gorgeous!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:37 pm

Welcome back! So sorry about the hamster that passed away, but I'm glad you had a little time with him and that he had a good day with you, and you can't beat having some peanut butter pie! What a nice treat for him. He sure looks like he was a very sweet boy. What was his name? Niña looks like a sweet girl, so sad that she kept being passed over due to her age, but that turned out to be a blessing in disguise as she ended up in the best home possible! Madame Mim has a gorgeous coat, hopefully you will be able to get her to be a friendly girl. Aww poor old Harold, looking forward to seeing him. So glad you were able to bring all these hammies home to live out their golden years with you. They are very lucky!! Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 26 Oct 2017, 2:05 am

My little man who died was named Simon...he really was a sweet boy.  despite having only known him for a day... I'm so broken hearted.  Im glad i decided to bring his little body home so he could rest at his forever home.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 26 Oct 2017, 7:54 pm

scaredymouse wrote:My little man who died was named Simon...he really was a sweet boy.  despite having only known him for a day... I'm so broken hearted.  Im glad i decided to bring his little body home so he could rest at his forever home.

That's how I am, I fall in love with animals immediately. I'm glad you brought his body back to his forever home too.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 28 Oct 2017, 7:01 am

Meet Harold, the other little fella I brought home I'm back! Wp_20115

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 28 Oct 2017, 9:56 am

Awww, so cute! He looks like a Harold Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 28 Oct 2017, 10:01 am

Has the Pipsqueakery been able to place a lot of the hamsters from Florida?
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 28 Oct 2017, 10:42 am

Hi Scaredy, I was just looking through the Pipsqueakery's website at all the cute animals. Can you tell me the story of Mortimer the guinea pig?
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 28 Oct 2017, 11:23 am

I'd say most of the Florida hamsters have worth been sent off to other rescues or found homes.  Many of them have special needs due to being separated from their mothers too early.  They are very nervous and small.

ah, Mortimer!  He came from an irresponsible backyard breeder.  He's an eyeless white, which means he's deaf and blind.  He has a lot of trouble getting along with other peegs because he can't hear their vocalizations and can't pick up on social cues.  He also has terrible teeth so all his food needs to be mushy.  He's such a baby.  Alex basically swaddles him like a baby every night and cuddles him while he snuggles beside her.  Hes easy to fall in love with.  One other adorable thing about him is that he is so vocal!  He's always singing, purring and chirping ❤️

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 28 Oct 2017, 12:46 pm

scaredymouse wrote:I'd say most of the Florida hamsters have worth been sent off to other rescues or found homes.  Many of them have special needs due to being separated from their mothers too early.  They are very nervous and small.

ah, Mortimer!  He came from an irresponsible backyard breeder.  He's an eyeless white, which means he's deaf and blind.  He has a lot of trouble getting along with other peegs because he can't hear their vocalizations and can't pick up on social cues.  He also has terrible teeth so all his food needs to be mushy.  He's such a baby.  Alex basically swaddles him like a baby every night and cuddles him while he snuggles beside her.  Hes easy to fall in love with.  One other adorable thing about him is that he is so vocal!  He's always singing, purring and chirping ❤️

Ohhh, just seeing Mortimer on the site and now hearing about him, I'm in love!!! What a sweetheart Love
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down