Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello I'm back

3 posters

Go down

Hello I'm back Empty Hello I'm back

Post by Mouse friend Sat 03 Feb 2018, 4:22 am

Hello I just wanted to say hello as I've been offline for months due to health problems but really missed the mice community! Wishing everyone the best and looking forward to catching up and learning more! My little girls are mostly doing well although I am concerned about weight loss and gain at the moment. 2 of my girls have swapped body shape!

Mouse friend

Festive

Back to top Go down

Hello I'm back Empty Re: Hello I'm back

Post by Blessed Sat 03 Feb 2018, 1:31 pm

Hello! Welcome back!! Awe, I hope you're feeling better. Hug

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouse friend Sat 03 Feb 2018, 1:42 pm

Thankyou so much Blessed I am a bit better thankyou:) How are you and your mice doing?

Mouse friend

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Sat 03 Feb 2018, 1:45 pm

That's good to hear! I'm doing alright, and my mice are doing good, too. Thank you! Smile

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 03 Feb 2018, 3:08 pm

hello2 Welcome back! Glad to hear your mice are doing well and I hope you are now too.

How much weight loss and how fast? How old are your girls?

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouse friend Sun 04 Feb 2018, 4:39 am

Glad to hear that Blessed:) Hello thank you CallaLily. Heidi has gone from being a bit of a chubster to quite lean and Olivia has gone from being a lean mean running machine type girl to a bit of a podgester. I weighed everybody last night but I think my scales are out because Heidi and Annabelle came up as 35 g and Olivia as 61g! I weighed a couple of food packets and they came up a few grams heavier than they should have been. Heidi's weight loss has been over a month or so and she's been showing no other signs of ill health but has been excercising more and been up a bit more during the day but is eating and drinking and I got hold of a poo she'd just done last night which seemed perfectly normal. She's grown in confidence and is seeking contact with me more which is lovely but I have a vets appointment for tomorrow morning just to check there's nothing else going on. She's getting on fine with her sisters except that she has no whiskers because Annabelle is a barberer:( but as she used to be twice her size, I felt it was really up to her to stop Annabelle. The girls always have plenty to do including food puzzles. Heidi does go mad for meal worms. I think she might have some addiction issues so I have reduced her intake of them but they have walnut as a treat once a week and millet most days aswell as their Supreme Science Selective biscuits and Reggie Rat and Mimi mouse mix so I feel she gets plenty of fats. Sorry for massive post! I hope you and all your mice are well CallaLily xx ps. The girls are approx 11 months old

Mouse friend

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 04 Feb 2018, 9:28 am

Olivia's gain may come from getting a bit older. I've noticed that even my healthy weight mice change a bit in body shape and put on a little bit more weight with age. But if it's a lot, very suddenly then it may be a concern. My Hazel, for example, suddenly had a large belly that xrays confirmed was a large abdominal mass. Not trying to scare you, just a possibility if it was very sudden. Sudden weight loss is probably more concerning, so I'm glad you have a vet appointment. Might be a good idea to see if they'll check for internal parasites. Please keep us in the loop.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouse friend Sun 04 Feb 2018, 1:01 pm

Thank you CallaLilly I will keep you updated. I'm so sorry about Hazel I read your post on her tumour:(

Mouse friend

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouse friend Mon 05 Feb 2018, 4:51 am

Just quick update- back from vet appointment. Heidi weight fine and think the loss may have been down to stress. The source of which has now gone so hopefully she'll put a couple of grams back on. Olivia is overweight so will be cutting back on the walnut and meal worms for her. Otherwise ( touch wood) all well.

Mouse friend

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down