Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glue Gun Sticks

5 posters

Go down

Glue Gun Sticks Empty Glue Gun Sticks

Post by goldfishfanforever Mon 30 May 2016, 7:05 pm

Just wondering how do you know if a certain brand of glue gun sticks are non-toxic if the package doesn't say whether they are or aren't??
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Glue Gun Sticks Empty Re: Glue Gun Sticks

Post by MouseLover Mon 30 May 2016, 8:20 pm

I wouldn't use any of the coloured or glittery ones. I think generally the clear ones are okay, but then ones I get off amazon said in the description that they were non toxic. Sorry if that didn't help much!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Mon 30 May 2016, 8:40 pm

MouseLover wrote:I wouldn't use any of the coloured or glittery ones. I think generally the clear ones are okay, but then ones I get off amazon said in the description that they were non toxic. Sorry if that didn't help much!
That's fine I will just try and make sure that no glue is showing. They are the clear ones btw Smile
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Mon 30 May 2016, 10:03 pm

MouseLover wrote:I wouldn't use any of the coloured or glittery ones. I think generally the clear ones are okay, but then ones I get off amazon said in the description that they were non toxic. Sorry if that didn't help much!
I am ordering 500 lollipop sticks, 300 jumbo lollipop sticks and 30 nontoxic glue gun sticks tomorrow so I will have loads of fun building more things when they arrive Smile
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Tue 31 May 2016, 3:04 am

Building things for mice is so much fun!!!
Agree with Mouselover about the glue sticks (although I've never seen glittery ones! Mind you, could be because I haven't had my glue gun long (a mere week or so!))
Enjoy building and creating!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Tue 31 May 2016, 5:15 am

stephlisa wrote:Building things for mice is so much fun!!!
Agree with Mouselover about the glue sticks (although I've never seen glittery ones!  Mind you, could be because I haven't had my glue gun long (a mere week or so!))
Enjoy building and creating!
I stayed up till about 4am building things for them and then I came on here afterwards... LOL I'm already addicted and don't even own mice yet! Shocked
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 31 May 2016, 8:17 am

I love building things too, and it's so fast with a glue gun Very Happy fun fun fun!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Tue 31 May 2016, 8:26 am

MouseLover wrote:I love building things too, and it's so fast with a glue gun Very Happy fun fun fun!
Yeah I was having so much fun building things earlier but now I'm questioning whether I should cut the bottom of one of the bins out to make a large rectangle so I can make the cage taller or keep it as two storage boxes connected with a small tube on top of each other.
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 31 May 2016, 9:59 am

If you're getting a group of girls, I don't recommend having a split tank. It can lead to the colony splitting and fighting. Open levels and such are fine - it's just two (or more) separate bins/tanks/cages connected by tubes that can lead to problems.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Tue 31 May 2016, 11:15 am

CallaLily wrote:If you're getting a group of girls, I don't recommend having a split tank. It can lead to the colony splitting and fighting. Open levels and such are fine - it's just two (or more) separate bins/tanks/cages connected by tubes that can lead to problems.
okay so it's like dwarf hamsters then with them becoming territorial etc. So I should make it a tall cage then with lots of climbing toys and hammocks Smile
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Tue 31 May 2016, 12:43 pm

I have decided to make a topper for one of the bins instead so they can still climb and have hammocks but everything will be open Smile
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Tue 31 May 2016, 3:11 pm

Sounds like you're very excited to be getting your mice! =D There's a sticky thread somewhere called Popiscle Stick MES, it'd be lovely to see some photos of your creations (with or without mice) at some point! (MES = mouse entertainment system)
(Found the thread: https://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/t47-popsicle-stick-mes )

Glad I'm not the only one who stays up making things! (I'm a super keen crafter in other areas other than for Colin so this is a fairly standard state of affairs!)

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Tue 31 May 2016, 4:59 pm

stephlisa wrote:Sounds like you're very excited to be getting your mice!  =D  There's a sticky thread somewhere called Popiscle Stick MES, it'd be lovely to see some photos of your creations (with or without mice) at some point!  (MES = mouse entertainment system)
(Found the thread: https://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/t47-popsicle-stick-mes )

Glad I'm not the only one who stays up making things!  (I'm a super keen crafter in other areas other than for Colin so this is a fairly standard state of affairs!)
I was wondering what MES stood for and now I know Smile. I will post pictures once I get some glue from Amazon but I have been making the topper for the cage and it is looking pretty cool Very Happy
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 31 May 2016, 5:36 pm

With glue, I say better safe than sorry. Look for ones labeled non-toxic, otherwise you can't be sure. Luckily, non-toxic glue stick are readily available on amazon and in stores.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Tue 31 May 2016, 5:42 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:With glue, I say better safe than sorry. Look for ones labeled non-toxic, otherwise you can't be sure. Luckily, non-toxic glue stick are readily available on amazon and in stores.
Yeah I'm going to order some nontoxic ones and cover any areas that the glue is visible on from the glue sticks I am not sure about. Smile
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down