Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not pregnant: just fat

4 posters

Go down

Not pregnant: just fat Empty Not pregnant: just fat

Post by scaredymouse Thu 30 Nov 2017, 2:22 pm

I just wanted to show an example of a fat mouse that looks nearly identical to a pregnant mouse!  It can be tricky trying to determine if your mouse is pregnant just by looking at it.  The only way to know for sure is to wait 23 days, look for changes in the body shape that seem to come on over night, and daily weights.

**this mouse is actually one of Georgies babies and most of her siblings are slim but she got the chubby gene for sure!

Not pregnant: just fat Wp_20128

Not pregnant: just fat Wp_20129

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Not pregnant: just fat Empty Re: Not pregnant: just fat

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 30 Nov 2017, 2:49 pm

Wow, that is so interesting and good info to know. I would have looked at that mouse and thought she was pregnant for sure!

Beautiful mouse by the way Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 30 Nov 2017, 2:56 pm

Beautiful girl! My Cora is the same shape, but that's not unexpected as she's brindle... Razz
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 30 Nov 2017, 3:07 pm

She looks exactly like her momma George did when she was pregnant. Fat mice usually have a teardrop shape or just a round blobby shape but sometimes they straight up look pregnant.

If I saw this mouse at the pet store, I would bet money that she was pregnant.

However, this isn't really the shape that a young mouse would have, a young mouse that you would get at the pet store. It usually takes time for mice to get fat and fill out this shape. This mouse is a year old and it took her about 6 months to get this shapely, lol.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Thu 30 Nov 2017, 3:28 pm

Peachy wrote:Beautiful girl! My Cora is the same shape, but that's not unexpected as she's brindle... Razz

Ohh are brindles commonly this shape for some reason? Yahtzee looks just like that (we thought she was pregnant for a while too!) so that might explain it.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 30 Nov 2017, 3:32 pm

Brindles carry a gene that makes them prone to obesity.  My brindle weight nearly 90 grams and is a big blob of a mouse.

Here's my brindle!

Not pregnant: just fat Wp_20138

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Thu 30 Nov 2017, 3:39 pm

scaredymouse wrote:Brindles carry a gene that makes them prone to obesity.  My brindle weight nearly 90 grams and is a big blob of a mouse.

Here's my brindle!

Not pregnant: just fat Wp_20138

What a beautiful morb (mouse orb) you have!!

But I didn't know that about brindles, I'll have to keep an eye out for Zeezee. Is there anything special I should be doing for her?

Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 30 Nov 2017, 3:40 pm

What a cutie pie!! Love the little Santa dish!

I think I carry the brindle gene!!! LOL LOL Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 30 Nov 2017, 4:24 pm

Haha, that's a wonderful picture!! Heart Eyes

Cora is mostly blobby now, too. I should try to get some new pictures of her.

Last edited by Peachy on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 30 Nov 2017, 4:36 pm

So since brindles are genetically obese, there isn't really anything you need to do differently with them. Feed them just like you would feed any other mouse. The only thing is that since they are obese, they are at risk for the same diseases people are like heart disease and arthritis. So, they might not live as long as other mice.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Thu 30 Nov 2017, 4:48 pm

scaredymouse wrote:So since brindles are genetically obese, there isn't really anything you need to do differently with them.  Feed them just like you would feed any other mouse.  The only thing is that since they are obese, they are at risk for the same diseases people are like heart disease and arthritis.  So, they might not live as long as other mice.

Ahhh, it's a shame there's not really too much I can do for her. Sad But I'll give her as much love as I can

chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down