Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got a Syrian hamster today!!!

+3
Peachy
CallaLily
Rodents rock!
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I got a Syrian hamster today!!! Empty I got a Syrian hamster today!!!

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 02 Dec 2017, 2:41 pm

I saw an ad for a Syrian hamster. He is adorable and his name is Cow. Very Happy

In the photos of him I saw online, he was in a small Habitrail type cage. It's so small I wouldn't keep any animal in there. So with his igloo in there, there is barely any room in there for him to move around. And the wheel connected to the side of the cage isn't even big enough for a mouse. So basically in the cage is his igloo, a food dish, a tiny wheel, and a water bottle. That's it.

I couldn't get him out of my mind, living in that tiny cage. Apparently the girl I got him from, got him from someone else who didn't have time for him anymore (lame excuse). And the girl I got him from only had him for a few months before she also decided she didn't have time for him either (another lame excuse).

So today I met her at Petsmart to get him. Very Happy

I brought him home and while I was getting his new bin ready for him, he went in his igloo and went to sleep. So I'm waiting for him to wake up so I can put him in his new house! I had a large bin already at home. It's all ready for him to include a sand bath. I don't believe he has probably ever seen a sand bath. I will keep him in the large bin for a few weeks, then I will get him and extra large bin like what my Winter White hamster, Cam, is in.

Soon as I get him settled into his new house, I will take some photos to share! I'm so excited and happy to have him so he can have nicer accommodations and lots of attention.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

I got a Syrian hamster today!!! Empty Re: I got a Syrian hamster today!!!

Post by CallaLily Sat 02 Dec 2017, 5:20 pm

Congrats! I look forward to pics of Cow. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 02 Dec 2017, 5:33 pm

Here are pictures of Cow's old cage (which is now in the garbage where it belongs).

Can you believe a Syrian was living in there???I got a Syrian hamster today!!! Mypc_w18

I got a Syrian hamster today!!! Mypc_w19
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 02 Dec 2017, 5:38 pm

Now here are pictures of my new boy. He was cautiously slinking around his new home, checking everything out. Got in his sand bath and walked around, I don't think he has ever seen a sand bath before. So he decided to pee in it. Then he nibbled on a dog biscuit, put some seeds on his cheeks and went inside his house. He is so sweet and very friendly. Can't wait till he is up tonight so I can have him out on my lap.

I got a Syrian hamster today!!! Mypc_w20

I got a Syrian hamster today!!! Mypc_w21
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 02 Dec 2017, 5:40 pm

Hopefully I can get some better pictures of him later Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 02 Dec 2017, 5:54 pm

What fun!! Cow is cute.

I bet he'll be glad to have all that space now! My Rosie snuffed her hides and built a whole nest that's about the size of those cages. It's like the equivalent of an extra-extra king sized bed and I always feel terrible when I clean it. I try to rebuild it but she smashes mine and re-does it her own way. Laughing
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 02 Dec 2017, 6:09 pm

Peachy wrote:What fun!! Cow is cute.

I bet he'll be glad to have all that space now! My Rosie snuffed her hides and built a whole nest that's about the size of those cages. It's like the equivalent of an extra-extra king sized bed and I always feel terrible when I clean it. I try to rebuild it but she smashes mine and re-does it her own way. Laughing

My gerbils used to do that too, they never slept in a hide, just built their own nest Very Happy

The purple igloo was in his cage, so what you can see in the cage is the nest that was in the igloo. And it has that pink cotton stuff you aren't supposed to use. And wood chips. Now he has soft Carefresh and some torn up paper towels to build a nest.

I'm just so glad to have Cow home and he doesn't have to live in a tiny cage anymore.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 03 Dec 2017, 12:23 am

So tonight I got Cow out of his bin and he sat with me while I watched TV. At first he just sat in my hand for awhile, then he climbed up on my shoulder and nuzzled into my neck and snoozed for awhile. It was awesome! He is just sooooo sweet. Love I'm totally in love!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Sun 03 Dec 2017, 12:29 am

Rodents rock! wrote:So tonight I got Cow out of his bin and he sat with me while I watched TV. At first he just sat in my hand for awhile, then he climbed up on my shoulder and nuzzled into my neck and snoozed for awhile. It was awesome! He is just sooooo sweet. Love I'm totally in love!

What a sweetie!! Glad his story has a happy ending!

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 03 Dec 2017, 12:35 am

chiroptera wrote:
Rodents rock! wrote:So tonight I got Cow out of his bin and he sat with me while I watched TV. At first he just sat in my hand for awhile, then he climbed up on my shoulder and nuzzled into my neck and snoozed for awhile. It was awesome! He is just sooooo sweet. Love I'm totally in love!

What a sweetie!! Glad his story has a happy ending!

Thank you! Me too!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 04 Dec 2017, 2:35 pm

YAY!!!!!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkly_Innocent Tue 05 Dec 2017, 7:36 am

Aww, I'm so glad you rescued him! I haven't had hamsters in years. I love how they stuff their cheek pouches full of food, too cute!

Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Sick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 05 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm

Thanks everyone! I decided to change his name. Although Cow is a cute name, I felt it just didn't fit him. So I decided on Bear. Love He is so cute and cuddly like a little teddy bear!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 05 Dec 2017, 10:36 pm

Congrats on your new furry friend! Sorry I didn't reply earlier! He's adorable and I'm so glad you saved him! Very Happy

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 05 Dec 2017, 10:45 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Congrats on your new furry friend! Sorry I didn't reply earlier! He's adorable and I'm so glad you saved him! Very Happy

Thank you! Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next