Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it ok for my mice to chew fabric?

3 posters

Go down

Is it ok for my mice to chew fabric? Empty Is it ok for my mice to chew fabric?

Post by ouellettedanielle94 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:11 am

I know mice will chew clothing and other fabrics they can get to to make bedding but is it safe? my mice will pull my clothes threw the holes in their exercise balls. So i was hoping to be able to give them a piece of fabric to chew on but need to make sure it wont be harmful to them first.

ouellettedanielle94

Back to top Go down

Is it ok for my mice to chew fabric? Empty Re: Is it ok for my mice to chew fabric?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:41 am

Only two fabrics are known to be safe; fleece and felt.

Anything else, I wouldn't recommend, because the fibers can entangle mice, or if they eat it, cause internal issues.

Is it ok for my mice to chew fabric? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Is it ok for my mice to chew fabric? Empty Re: Is it ok for my mice to chew fabric?

Post by Chinchillasxoxo Wed 20 Dec 2017, 12:22 pm

It sounds like they are having a lot of fun Smile But I wouldn't give them a piece of fabric just to chew on for the reason stated above by AnonymousMouseOwner. You could give them some cardboard maybe? Also if they are trying to make bedding you could rip up some safe tissues and scatter them around the cage so the mice can collect them and make a nest. You're mice sound very fun!
Chinchillasxoxo
Chinchillasxoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down