Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grayson's Health Updates

4 posters

Go down

Grayson's Health Updates Empty Grayson's Health Updates

Post by Mice Are Cute Fri 22 Dec 2017, 9:05 pm

Hello all! I needed a post to update Grayson's health so everyone knows whats going on. Here is a quick summery of Grayson's health in the past in case anything is wrong, you could help me figure it out Smile

The first thing a noticed wrong was when I had him for about a month. Biggy was fighting with him and was ripping his ears (when they were living together). He was also having slight breathing problems, that luckily passed. A few months later, when Blondie passed away, I separated them because Grayson was being very aggressive. He began to scratch at his face and ears until he scratched himself raw. Than his eye wasn't looking to great, and now its permanently closed. I am fairly sure he is blind now. That is basically what happened in the past.

Keep in mind I was taking him to the vet throughout all of this.

Now he is almost three (In January) and his breathing problems are coming back. Sometimes he just stops and breathes heavily to catch his breath. I know he is old now, and being almost three, he has lived a full life, but nothing could stop me from worrying about him.

And just to let you know, Biggy is doing perfectly fine and healthy, and he is almost the same age.

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Grayson's Health Updates Empty Re: Grayson's Health Updates

Post by River Sat 23 Dec 2017, 10:34 am

I think its probably old age-- three is very old. It seems like the start of the end, to me. Mice age at different rates, so Biggy being fine is fairly normal.

If you think something more serious is going on, a vet will help. But until then, spoil him. Old mice deserve the best.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 23 Dec 2017, 11:21 am

Wow, three! I agree that his age may be catching up to him. I think it was "Norman's Mom" over on the TheFunMouse who said a 2 year old mouse is comparable to an 80 year old human? I'm not sure how accurate that is or what that would make a 3 year old mouse. But something to keep in mind. A call to the vet to hear their thoughts never hurts though.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 23 Dec 2017, 8:13 pm

Sorry to hear Grayson's health is declining. AMO shared an age calculator on the chat box. Yoshi was two months from three years and it said he was pretty close to 100. Go Biggy and Grayson!! I hope you'll get to celebrate their third birthdays with them!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mice Are Cute Sun 24 Dec 2017, 1:01 am

Thanks! I'm cheering my little men on! I think a three year old mouse is an 100 year old human... Not to sure though!

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content