Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cage Size for 1 Male

4 posters

Go down

Cage Size for 1 Male Empty Cage Size for 1 Male

Post by PastelMouse Sun 14 Jan 2018, 2:57 pm

It's been a long time since I initially wanted to get mice, quite a few months, but now it seems I may actually be able to get a mouse within a few weeks! Super excited! Very Happy

I've finally decided that 1 male mouse would be the best fit for me, but I still have a few remaining questions. Although I originally planned on getting a 10 gallon, I've been debating if a 20 long tank would be better. I don't totally understand what amount of space is best for mice, so I was hoping to get advice from here. Both tanks would be well stocked, and I can get both for a very reasonable price, so the only factor left to consider is the mouse's happiness. Thanks, any help is super appreciated! Smile

Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Cage Size for 1 Male Empty Re: Cage Size for 1 Male

Post by River Sun 14 Jan 2018, 4:11 pm

While smaller spaces are better for taming down, more space is better for longterm care. I would go with the 20G personally.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 14 Jan 2018, 5:15 pm

A 20 gallon long would be better than a 10g. I've only had the one boy so it may have just been him, but he was very active and used every bit of the 29g tank I housed him in (same footprint, just taller).

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 14 Jan 2018, 9:44 pm

I would also go with a 20. 10's can come in handy, but if you're only getting one, a 20 gallon won't be bad to start with for a single male. If he's wild and anxious initially, you'll just have to help him "grow into it." Plenty of taming time and toys to help him feel comfy and secure. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down