Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is corn cob bedding really safe?

3 posters

Go down

Is corn cob bedding really safe? Empty Is corn cob bedding really safe?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 13 Feb 2018, 7:38 pm

I remember a while back when everyone in my house was complaining that Scout smelled really bad, lol, I tried corn cob bedding. I didn't care for it very much, didn't seem to help much with smell for me. But anyways, on hamster forums people seem to be very against this type of bedding, in fact nobody seems to think it is safe. They were saying that there is a high amount of fungal spores on the bedding and it poses a huge risk for a fungal infection - is this true? I didn't have any issues in the short time I used it, but I was just curious, since we seem to recommend it on here sometimes...

Is corn cob bedding really safe? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Is corn cob bedding really safe? Empty Re: Is corn cob bedding really safe?

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 13 Feb 2018, 8:26 pm

I used it for years with the gerbils I used to have about 30 years ago and I never had a problem with it. I don't even know if they had paper bedding for rodent's back then! LOL LOL I used it for a short time with my mouse, Mickey, but then went back to Carefresh for the pretty colors. Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 13 Feb 2018, 8:40 pm

Mold and fungus become more of a concern if it gets soaked.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down